+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5650Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

  1. #13041
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    24,993

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3425979;
    Oh please, can I have it say that???

    I mean it. Really
    Noooo....you can't have it say that! There is a standard recording that the phone company puts on the line that lets the person know that their number is blocked from yours. I haven't used it for a long time, so I can't remember the details.

    There's also a recording that tells the caller that your number doesn't accept calls from callers who do not show their numbers.

    You can always have the block applied, and take it off if you don't like the recording. I'm sure the phone company would tell you what the recording said, if you really need to know. My stupid cell company, Verizon, told me that they could not block one number with out blocking all incoming calls. THAT MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL, STUPID VERIZON!!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 04-28-2009 at 01:03 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  2. #13042
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    24,993
    Double post, and no apologies. I thought this little bit deserved its own post.

    Yesterday, I went to a Walgreen's Take Care Clinic for a little problem that I've been having and moaning about lately. It is a walk-in, no appointment clinic, handled by (at least mine was) a nurse practitioner. They are there for minor problems, but they don't mind calling -911 if you show up with something much bigger. It was a good, quick experience. Whether you have insurance or not, they will see you, but you need to be prepared to pay with cash or credit card/debit card...no checks. If you have insurance that they accept, you will pay your standard deductible. The worst part of the experience was the touch screen that you use to sign in. HATED IT...but it gets the job done! There's something just not right about using a keyboard on a screen and not on the desk in front of you (no stylus...your fingers! ). There is nothing else for you to fill out. I will definitely recommend it to all my friends, and I would not be hesitant to use them again. I have the utmost respect for NPs. They are open 7 days/week!

  3. #13043
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3427005;
    Noooo....you can't have it say that! There is a standard recording that the phone company puts on the line that lets the person know that their number is blocked from yours. I haven't used it for a long time, so I can't remember the details.

    There's also a recording that tells the caller that your number doesn't accept calls from callers who do not show their numbers.

    You can always have the block applied, and take it off if you don't like the recording. I'm sure the phone company would tell you what the recording said, if you really need to know. My stupid cell company, Verizon, told me that they could not block one number with out blocking all incoming calls. THAT MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL, STUPID VERIZON!!
    That's idiotic. Then why have the stupid phone? (well you could make calls out, but you'd be guaranteed not to ever be disturbed by the phone)
    I've had Verizon and I think they are idiotic anyway which is why I don't have them now. Sorrry to those of you that have had Verizon and like it. I had terrible experiences with them.

    Shay, I prefer NP's for most stuff I need to go to the dr. for. I find them to take more time than most docs do. Glad you had a good experience except the sign in part.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  4. #13044
    FORT Fanatic CaliLily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    689

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3427162;
    That's idiotic. Then why have the stupid phone? (well you could make calls out, but you'd be guaranteed not to ever be disturbed by the phone)
    I've had Verizon and I think they are idiotic anyway which is why I don't have them now. Sorrry to those of you that have had Verizon and like it. I had terrible experiences with them.
    .
    It's ironic that you should say that. I had Verizon until exactly a week ago today I broke my contract (for a $130.00 fee... I shall quote Shay on this one... 'Stupid Verizon'.) Because I was racking up ROAMING fees for using my phone in my own apartment! Now tell me, why the heck would I want to be with a company that charges me roaming while I am sitting on my couch?

    I now have Alltel and have not had a single problem yet

    If you have a house phone that you are looking to block a number from you might want to check with the company because I think there may be some kind of fee associated with it now days (they charge you a fee for just about anything.) Though with your particular problem I think the fee (if there is one) would be well worth it.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

  5. #13045
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    It's my cell phone I need to block. We got rid of the landline. And I still want it to say: "I hate you and never want to hear from you again-You're blocked" in Donald Trump's voice.

    Or "I'm sorry, this phone only accepts calls from people with a certain I.Q. level, you're not quite there, so this call is blocked"
    (yeah, I know, I have a certain snobbisness for brains or lack there of as the case may be)

    Wish it would work on an I.Q. level then I could get rid of the stupid telemarketer that won't stop calling with the recorded voice about it being my "second notice to renew my warranty on my car" which is BS and by now my 2nd notice is proably my 30th notice for a warranty that never existed in the first place. And they always call from a different number, so hard to block it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  6. #13046
    FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,730

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    I know- I've been put on their do not call list about 5 times and they always say, that's a different company from us.

  7. #13047
    FORT Fogey Lil Bit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,376

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3427361;
    It's my cell phone I need to block. We got rid of the landline. And I still want it to say: "I hate you and never want to hear from you again-You're blocked" in Donald Trump's voice.

    Or "I'm sorry, this phone only accepts calls from people with a certain I.Q. level, you're not quite there, so this call is blocked"
    (yeah, I know, I have a certain snobbisness for brains or lack there of as the case may be)

    Wish it would work on an I.Q. level then I could get rid of the stupid telemarketer that won't stop calling with the recorded voice about it being my "second notice to renew my warranty on my car" which is BS and by now my 2nd notice is proably my 30th notice for a warranty that never existed in the first place. And they always call from a different number, so hard to block it.
    Wait until you see how many times you get a "final notice".
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

  8. #13048
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3427418;
    Wait until you see how many times you get a "final notice".
    I'd like to give them a final notice.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  9. #13049
    Resident curmudgeon Newfherder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Enchanted by a beautiful Soprano
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3427291;
    I now have Alltel and have not had a single problem yet

    .
    Not to rain on your parade, but Alltel and Verizon are merging
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

  10. #13050
    Pineapple! ClosetRTWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Groovin' with my human boom box
    Posts
    4,504

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3427452;
    Not to rain on your parade, but Alltel and Verizon are merging
    Sorry, but I had to laugh at this.

    I have had AT&T for the longest time for my cell service. I absolutely detested them for a while (snotty service agents, erroneous charges on my bills, etc), then they changed to Cingular and things really seemed to improve. Just when I was getting used to Cingular they decided to change the name back to AT&T! While I don't love by any stretch of the imagination, I don't completely loathe them at the moment either. Although that may be because Charter Communications (my cable company) is currently at the top of my "hate list" ..

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.