+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5837Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Ellen, thanks, your post was so funny. Wonder if I could ship SIL off to China.
    Well everyone else is happy for my daughter, she's the only holdout, so I told my daughter not to worry about it. When my daughter was small, she and this aunt were very close and it's hurt my daughter immensly over the years that this aunt became so strange. Ah well, family. At least I don't have to see her but apparantly once every 3 years or so.

Thanks all, I know I did the right thing too about the friend. Not going to answer and told my husband not to answer the phone when I'm asleep anymore either.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Whether they be family or not, unfortunately some people need to make every situation center around themselves.
    CYA

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3425484;
    Whether they be family or not, unfortunately some people need to make every situation center around themselves.
    Isn't that the truth!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Well, MRD, I have a way for the SIL thing at the wedding. Seat your brother and the SIL separately and make her sit in BFE. Maybe she's spouting off because she knows she's not close to the situation. I have an ex-SIL like that. My sons and I have chosen to ignore her rantings. If you ignore them enough, they don't matter so much.

As for the phone, no one said you had to answer a phone just because it rings.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3425468;
    Thanks all, I know I did the right thing too about the friend. Not going to answer and told my husband not to answer the phone when I'm asleep anymore either.
    I believe I'd block her number, and any number she calls from. And stop calling her 'friend' Say, "the idiot who calls my husband names and cusses him." We will know which one.
    And yep, if your daughter wants her uncle at the wedding, she will just have to accept that SIL is part of the package, and make a decision. And you will have to honor it. I wouldn't worry about it--there is some family drama at most weddings, somewhere, and everything turns out ok. You do however, reserve the right to tell her to keep her nose out of your business when she starts her stuff.
    Anyway, the wedding is a long way off. I wouldn't worry about anything that could happen there for at least another year--you are talking about October 2010, aren't you, not the one coming up?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

I should have put "ex" friend and I need help figuring out how to block numbers. Once you block one, what does the caller hear?

And I'm not going to worry about the wedding until later. Maybe she won't come. She has health issues and maybe they will prevent her from traveling that weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3425746;
    I should have put "ex" friend and I need help figuring out how to block numbers. Once you block one, what does the caller hear?

I don't know--the only few times I've done it, I had gotten to the point that I didn't care if it was "this number is not in service" "your call cannot be completed as dialed" or "this person hates you and never wants you to call again--you're blocked!
    I think you can do it before they ever call you, or you can wait till they do call and it's *86 or something like that. Look in the front of the phone book, and it's there somewhere among the gobbledegook--or you could go to the phone co's website and search on 'call blocking'.
    Last edited by queenb; 04-27-2009 at 06:13 PM.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3425910;
    I don't know--the only few times I've done it, I had gotten to the point that I didn't care if it was "this number is not in service" "your call cannot be completed as dialed" or "this person hates you and never wants you to call again--you're blocked! I think you can do it before they ever call you, or you can wait till they do call and it's *86 or something like that. Look in the front of the phone book, and it's there somewhere among the gobbledegook--or you could go to the phone co's website and search on 'call blocking'.
    Oh please, can I have it say that???

I mean it. Really

That's funny! It sure wouldn't leave any doubt as to why you aren't answering the phone!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

In my fantasy, it sounds just like Donald Trump dressing down an "apprentice", and saying "you're fired!" only with the phone related message

+ Reply to Thread