+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6790Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

UnkZac and your family are in my prayers.

Mrd What exciting news. Don't let anyone ruin this special time for you and you daughter.
    As a true southern woman you can always say " Well, kiss my grits "

MRD

Remember a couple weeks ago the problem I had with the so called friend that I ran into at the grocery store?

Well she called today and I was napping. Hubby answered the phone and she was nice as can be. She called again later, I saw who it was on the caller ID and didn't answer. She left a message saying that she missed me, hadn't heard from me in a while and hoped that things were "right" betweemn us.

Hour later she calls again, I still don't answer, she leaves another message to the effect that my husband either lied about me being asleep or purposely didn't give me the message.

I turned off my phone. I can't believe the nerve of some people. You insult my husband, then you call trying to be all nice and then you keep calling and insult my husband again. Way to win friends and influence people. I'm over it. I won't call back and I won't answer the phone.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I think you're making a wise decision there. It is just amazing how blatently stupid some people can be.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3424886;
    I think you're making a wise decision there. It is just amazing how blatently stupid some people can be.
    Or drunk or both.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Lol, well, drinking is cheaper than therapy.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Good for you, mrd!!! Taking control!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Lmao! She has issues, severe issues. Glad you didn't pick up.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3424854;
    Hour later she calls again, I still don't answer, she leaves another message to the effect that my husband either lied about me being asleep or purposely didn't give me the message.
    That is unbelievable! At least you have absolute proof that she hasn't changed, it only supports your decision to not take her call!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3423952;
    . . . Why can't you divorce family members other than your husband or wife? I need to divorce my SIL. . .
    I wish! The next best thing is putting him/her on "ignore," and letting his/her blood relative deal with him/her.
    . . . She's just given me an earful (huh, coincindence I have a blocked tube?) about me "letting" my daughter get married. . .
    Huh? Your daughter is an adult. She doesn't need anyone's permission to get married!
    . . . She also told my cousin that now that she is the "matriarch" of the family, that it's up to her to make sure that the family runs smoothly. . .
    Oh, so your SIL lives in the Mosuo tribe in the Xiaolianghshan Mountains in the Yunnan province of southeast China? How lovely, but maybe she needs to be told that her services are not needed in your part of the USA.
    . . . it's really NONE of her business when my child gets married or to who. . . ARGH, do I really have to invite them to the wedding?
    Actually, no. I'd say that if it's your daughter's wedding, it's up to her and the hubby-to-be to decide whom to and whom not to invite to celebrate their special day with them. (And if dear auntie/SIL is such a butt, why invite Ms. Headache and give her the opportunity to spoil such an important event?)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Uggghhh -- cable went out and I couldn't jump back in to finish my thought in the above post:
    I guess you gotta do what you gotta do to include the sane (or appropriate good adjective) member of the pair. But I empathize somewhat: my dead MIL liked to spout off about family members "letting" a son or daughter marry whomever -- with no regard to bride/groom's adult status, nor the fact that she had any sort of relationship or friendship with the given family members. She just liked to spout off and complain.

Just know I'm on your side and am sending positive thoughts your way. (And for SIL's complaints, I'm sure there are many others who are very happy for your family!)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread