+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5881Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I don't like the first part of that news much Unk , but the second half makes me hopeful. You just keep being the great grandad we all know you are.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Hope Zac's taking the news well.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3420228;
    South Carolina. Newer houses here are the flimsiest things I've ever seen and building inspections are a joke on new construction.

Doesn't California have building codes making structures more earthquake resistant? I know in Florida that they require a certain code for hurricanes and that it does mean that the construction of buildings, including apartment buildings are better and better insulated as a result of the better building practices.
    Newer construction does have requirements to be earthquake safe. That, however, does not mean better insulation or better building practices.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Unk,

I am so glad that a donor has been found for Zac. Zac is certainly an inspiration for us all with his great positive attitude. And, he is indeed fortunate to have you watching over him.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Unk...Sending good thoughts and prayers to Zac. Happy to hear there has been a donor found.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've got a blocked Eustachian tube from all of my sinus/allergy problems I have been battling. I am taking decongestants (Sudafed) since today, I am using my neti pot....both multiple times per day. There is no pain, and the drainage from my sinuses has been clear until tonight when I saw a smidgen of extremely pale green, but still mostly clear. I am really sick of having a "clogged ear". Suggestions, please. I am not a good sick person.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Damn, Shay, I have the same thing right now. It sucks. Hope yours gets better soon. And I would like suggestions too as the ear thing is driving me crazy. The sinuses are clear, it's the blocked ear that's causing all my problems.

I have a rhetorical question. Why can't you divorce family members other than your husband or wife? I need to divorce my SIL. She's just given me an earful (huh, coincindence I have a blocked tube?) about me "letting" my daughter get married. I think she forgot she was the same age when she got married and she's been married for 39 years and says it's been a happy one. I wonder if brother has the same thought on that?
    She also told my cousin that now that she is the "matriarch" of the family, that it's up to her to make sure that the family runs smoothly. Huh, I'd say who died and made her boss, but I'm well aware of who died, but I'm reasonably sure they didn't make her the boss when they did. She has not been active in my child's life for some years now, so I'd say it's really NONE of her business when my child gets married or to who.
    ARGH, do I really have to invite them to the wedding? Why is family, wait, inlaw family, so @#*$&#O@ hard to get along with???
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Just put your foot down, MRD. I have family members that are the same way. But if you don't take their s***, eventually they'll stop trying to give it to you. I'm always amazed at how offended people are when I say "that's really none of your business" when I'm the one who should be offended that they asked or butted in in the first place!! You don't owe her any explanations. Next time she tries to lecture you tell her thanks for the input, but you've got it all covered, thank you very much.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

MRD

I have not laid eyes on her in 3 years. I rarely have phone contact with her because when she would start her s***, I would say: "well, nice talking to you, I"ve got to go" and hang up. She sent me a lenghty e-mail about the upcoming marriage and I just sent back: "as her parents, we're fine with it, we trust her to make mature decisions." I enjoy my brother, but she has been a witch for the past 10 years which is a shame because she used to be fun. My daughter wants her uncle at the wedding, but we can't not invite the aunt.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 05-04-2009 at 11:00 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'd continue to respond in the way you did with the email and just ignore her otherwise. When the time for the wedding rolls around I think I'd have a talk with your brother and tell him that you are depending on him to control his wife and make sure that she doesn't make a scene at the wedding.

How stupid are people though. Even if you didn't approve of the marriage just exactly how are you supposed to stop it? They are both adults and can legally make their own decisions.

I actually did "divorce" my SIL. We haven't spoken for about 4 years and we pretty much avoid each other when ever possible. It wasn't something intentional on my part. I just finally got sick of her always blowing every little thing out of proportion and then aggressively getting in my face about it. I told her in no uncertain terms that I was not going to tolerate her behavior anymore and she hasn't said a word to me since. (Now, talking about me behind my back? THAT'S a whole 'nother story. ) She's my husbands sister though, and he really wouldn't mind if half of his family fell off the face of the earth. Since you want to continue to have a relationship with your brother, that makes it harder for you to deal with.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread