+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 2500 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223631135131013 ... LastLast
Like Tree6755Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Premium Member
    PGM35 - the new room looks great! I desperately need slip covers where did you get yours? It's hard to have nice furniture and dogs in the same house.

I was thinking the same thing about the slip covers. I have an awful old couch and an awful old love seat and they don't match and are really grimy.

I could use some nice slipcovers.

My family's funerals all tend to be pretty pleasant, one side gets quietly drunk and sings Irish and Scottish songs, the other side gets quietly drunk and plays cards.

I guess we are just a mellow group.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

The slipcover really does look nice. One thing like that can change a whole room, it seems. I see slipcovers advertised at Penney's sometimes. You might find them on their website.

Nancy, you could have matching furniture any day now.

What about Smart Bargains? Anyone tried there?

Kohl's vs Bed Bath & Beyond

Thanks for the compliments! We can't believe what a difference to the room they made. This probably goes in the "Stupid Things" thread but we actually bought slip covers a couple of months ago - maybe longer than that. We found a GREAT deal at Kohl's - regulary $89.99 for $39.99 each. Normally you pay more for the sofa, less for the loveseat, and even less for a chair. We bought - get this - red. Yes, red to cover our red furniture. What were we thinking?! We even washed them a few times - yes, they are washable and with dogs, you get the picture. Well, when he started talking, new floors, paint, and new furniture, I was all about, let's change the curtains! LOL So we discussed darker colors for curtains and pillows and lighter colors for the sofa and loveseat and voila - off we go to shop. Of course, we try Kohl's first. Little selection, lots of florals, a big no-no for the b/f. We found a linen color (kind of grayish, light greenish), but only one for the loveseat. Scratch that. So we go off to Bed Bath and Beyond in Austin - found a cool sable color...again, only one of each in different colors and a lot more than we wanted to spend. So we end up trying the Bed, Bath, & Beyond in our town - Round Rock - and find the ones we bought on the clearance aisle! One of each size and they were marked down 30% off! They charge the different prices there - chair, loveseat, and sofa - but we ended up paying a little more than Kohl's and a lot less than originally priced. We only found 3 of the pillows that we wanted but the girl called to the other BB&B and they had one so I'll try to pick that up today. They seem to be a standard pillow so hopefully they ordered more of that color and will get some in if they end up selling the one. All in all, it was a good day. And like I said before, B/F has excellent taste - sometimes a bit pricey - but he does know what looks good!
    Last edited by PGM35; 07-05-2006 at 10:18 AM.

Nancy, just checked and Smart Bargains does have several styles, and prices. Check them out to see if they have what you like. It will also give you an idea what you will have to pay.

PGM35, you will have even more choices of where too shop once the Ikea and Outlet Mall open up in your town! My husband has been there almost weekly and says the Outlet Mall is going to be very nice.

Your "new" room looks very nice! My husband's idea of redecorating would be redoing the whole house in Texas Longhorn colors. Uh, NO!

Oh, I also saw on TV once that if you have problems with your slip covers pulling up when people sit on them....roll up a magazine or newspaper and shove it down in the "cracks". That is suppose to keep it from pulling up.
    Last edited by Melitta; 07-05-2006 at 11:20 AM.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by Melitta View Post
    Oh, I also saw on TV once that is you have problems with your slip covers pulling up when people sit on them....roll up a magazine or newspaper and shove it down in the "cracks". That is suppose to keep it from pulling up.
    Yes, I've heard putting a few rubber bands around the roll, helps keep it in place.

Once upon a time, Mr. Rose and I were looking at slipcovers, and got a catalog from this company. They have hundreds of possibilities.

http://www.surefit.net/
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Melitta View Post
    PGM35, you will have even more choices of where too shop once the Ikea and Outlet Mall open up in your town! My husband has been there almost weekly and says the Outlet Mall is going to be very nice.

Your "new" room looks very nice! My husband's idea of redecorating would be redoing the whole house in Texas Longhorn colors. Uh, NO!

Oh, I also saw on TV once that if you have problems with your slip covers pulling up when people sit on them....roll up a magazine or newspaper and shove it down in the "cracks". That is suppose to keep it from pulling up.
    Quote Originally Posted by roseskid View Post
    Yes, I've heard putting a few rubber bands around the roll, helps keep it in place.

Once upon a time, Mr. Rose and I were looking at slipcovers, and got a catalog from this company. They have hundreds of possibilities.

http://www.surefit.net/
    Yes, I can't wait for the Outlet Mall and Ikea! They are going up pretty quick - should be by the middle of August in time for the No Sales Tax weekend.

We have used the rolled up magazines - I'll try adding the rubber bands around the rolls! I think we saw that brand at Bed Bath and Beyond - the prices from the site are much better - I'm sure the mark up is pretty high at the stores. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    I think we saw that brand at Bed Bath and Beyond - the prices from the site are much better - I'm sure the mark up is pretty high at the stores. Thanks!
    You probably did see this brand, and as I recall, it's also sold at Mervyn's, Kohl's, etc. The prices are cheaper (of course there's shipping ), but the selection is so much greater when you buy directly from them. You can request a catalog to be sent to your home, so you can take your time and covet all that's inside.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Cool thread!!
    I am back to work after a 4 day break. DH is off this entire week, and since I started this job Mid-May, I didn't think it would be right to request a week off so soon.

Slip covers seem to look nice until they get all messed up. I see someone suggested a rolled up magazine, that does work pretty good, so does a piece of PVC. I ordered from Surefit before, a cover for an ottoman. Unfortunately, my ottoman was just a smidge too big, so I had to send it back. But the quality was good and the color was true to the picture in the catalog.

+ Reply to Thread