+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6180Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

It's still pouring out here and it's 45F. How wonderful!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

What, no one else got any tornadoes. watches, warnings, or anything? Booorrr-ing!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3419432;
    It's still pouring out here and it's 45F. How wonderful!
    That sounds about right. It's hideous out. Supposed to be 80 this weekend though, so so exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3419342;
    I just heard a lecture about how fans cool people...not rooms! Ok, ok, ok, so I'll turn it off when I leave the room. Yada, yada, yada......
    Mebbee, mebbee not. I just know that I feel better when I come home to circulating air EVEN ON LOW than to totally still air. WTF, I'm still "greener" than running A/C at all, so ! If the lecturers have a problem with that, f************** -- bring 'em!!!!!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3419342;
    I just heard a lecture about how fans cool people...not rooms! Ok, ok, ok, so I'll turn it off when I leave the room. Yada, yada, yada......
    Do pets count? That's my excuse for leaving the box fan in my window running all day when I'm not home. It does seem to help to keep my apartment pretty cool.

It was rainy here this morning, but when I started my lunchtime walk it was looking really nice so I went on outside. When I started the section of the trail further away from buildings I noticed some darker skies to the north and the wind was coming from the north, but I was pretty sure I could make it around to the other side before the rain hit. To make it short, I was wrong. The bright side of the story is that it cooled off so much that the precip was coming down as ice pellets rather than a complete deluge of water!! My sweatshirt took the most of what melted on me, but the back of my jeans were pretty damp and my hair was fairly hideous. I'm actually just thankful that I didn't end up soaked to the bone!!

Now it is supposed to turn around tomorrow and hit 80 by Thursday!

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3419460;
    What, no one else got any tornadoes. watches, warnings, or anything? Booorrr-ing!
    We had almost eight hours of severe weather watches, a couple of tornadoes and a lot of rain. I was glad when it finally moved off in your direction! I wish it had moved faster though - Amazing race got preempted by severe weather coverage. Hope everything is okay in your neck of the woods.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Reporting quickly from the FORT retirement home! Visiting my mom. Dinner parties, musical events, good food and good fun. I'll fill you in with details when I return home tomorrow.
    Count your blessings!

How is your mom, Gut? Is she ready for us yet?

We will have one more day of rain, than up to the 70's for the weekend. I'm so looking forward to that-I'm so tired of the rain.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't know how you folks tolerate living without a/c; the only way I would put up with that was if the power was out. I've been accused of having "Princess and the Pea" syndrome; inherited that from my mother, so that's just the way it is. I live in a crappy valley where the heat and humidity descend on you and is trapped in that valley. Plus I'm super-sensitive to heat, and always have been so, "this salmon ain't one to swim upstream"!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread