+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Spit warning originiated at FORT. I believe because of Newf.

Salad days came from Shakespeare's Anthony and Cleopatra (I looked it up, I didn't know either)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

We're on a roll! Salad days. Is that even the correct wording?
    From Wikipedia - The phrase was coined in Shakespeare's Antony and Cleopatra in 1606. In the speech at the end of Act One in which Cleopatra is regretting her youthful dalliances with Julius Caesar she says:

"...My salad days, / When I was green in judgment, cold in blood..."
    Count your blessings!

MRD

So Closet, when this happened, did you feel green in judgement, but cold in blood?

I know I would have felt that way and the cold blood would have manifested itself in a spout of turning the air blue.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

One of the kids at the center who is medicated for ADD has been taken off his medication by his mother, with no intentions of placing him back on it; the difference is super-noticeable. Asked him if he thought he needed to be on the medication; he said, "Yes." Out of the mouths of babes.......

This kid has already been held back in school once or twice.

The good part is that whereas I used to get a hug a day from him, I now get about 5/day!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Goodness gracious! It's 105 in my apartment right now. It's so hot the air conditioner will not even put a dent in the heat. I've got my laptop on an ice pack to keep it from overheating and I'm sweating bullets right now! I guess it's time to go outside where it is about 10 degrees cooler. I still do not understand why no one put in central air in these apartments! My window unit won't even cool the area right next to it and it sucks so much energy! Thank goodness my cat has found a cupboard that is cool and has gone to sleep inside.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I saw a report on the morning news shows about the heat wave in CA. It sure hasn't reached here. We got to a high of 44 degrees today, but we did get a little much needed rain out of it. Not as much as we need, but every little bit helps.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

There was a steady rain for us, yesterday, practically all day. It was extremely soothing. I love it when it does that! Always have. It was in the mid 50s.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3419082;
    Goodness gracious! It's 105 in my apartment right now. It's so hot the air conditioner will not even put a dent in the heat. I've got my laptop on an ice pack to keep it from overheating and I'm sweating bullets right now! I guess it's time to go outside where it is about 10 degrees cooler. I still do not understand why no one put in central air in these apartments! My window unit won't even cool the area right next to it and it sucks so much energy! Thank goodness my cat has found a cupboard that is cool and has gone to sleep inside.
    I say you ought to head north! Here in Oregon we are having beautiful weather. Around 80 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. The grass is growing about an inch an hour...

I am sorry it is so hot in California...your temps sound like our typical summer weather.

It's pretty warm here on the coast, but not as beastly as East County. My apartment doesn't have air conditioning at all -- and usually doesn't need it. I had the windows open last night and early this morning while it was still in the low 60šs, then closed the windows and shut the blinds as much as I could, and turned on the ceiling fan when I left for class. A/C would probably be a nice plus right now, but we're doing okay with fans.

We used to live in East County just after we got married -- never again! What we saved in rent, we ended up paying more for electricity for the A/C during heat waves and all summer!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I just heard a lecture about how fans cool people...not rooms! Ok, ok, ok, so I'll turn it off when I leave the room. Yada, yada, yada......

+ Reply to Thread