+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4431Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

You guys make me happy that I've got a Flavia machine.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Plain white vinegar is cheap. At our supermarket, the big (one liter) store-brand bottle is somewhere around a buck.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3410816;
    Yup, running white vinegar through the coffee maker and carafe -- followed by 3 cycles of plain (purified/filtered, if possible) water -- works great. In fact, it was in the instructions in my owners' manual. Imagine that!
    INSTRUCTIONS?? I don't read no lousy instructions!!

Only a buck? I can probably find that under the sofa cushions.

One word... Starbucks...
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3410201;
    Brought over from Animal Lovers about my Mom and what I see as her simple ways of looking at things, which I wish I could do.

For example, we were once discussing many things over dinner and two simple things she said just stuck with me. One was that the USA started going to heck when families stopped eating together. The other was about the weather that we had four pretty distinct seasons until we started shooting all that crap into space. Two very simple comments, but to me very deep in a way.
    Your mother was a very smart woman, indeed.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3410821;
    I was just wondering how much twelve cups of vinegar would cost. We don't drink coffee very often And when my old coffeemaker gave up the ghost I bought this one without checking inside to see how complicated it looked. It has little nooks and crannies that I can't get to, even with Q Tips. I may put the vinegar in and let it set for a while before running it through. Either that or chunk the whole mess. I looked at a black pot the other day that I like. That might be the answer to my problem, don't you think?

That works, too. If it's black, you can't see the build up.

Happy Easter Everyone!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3410821;
    I was just wondering how much twelve cups of vinegar would cost. We don't drink coffee very often And when my old coffeemaker gave up the ghost I bought this one without checking inside to see how complicated it looked. It has little nooks and crannies that I can't get to, even with Q Tips. I may put the vinegar in and let it set for a while before running it through. Either that or chunk the whole mess. I looked at a black pot the other day that I like. That might be the answer to my problem, don't you think?
    Since I use white vinegar for a lot of household cleaning, I buy it by the gallon. A gallon of white vinegar is less than $5.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3410802;
    Note to self--prepare cup of vinegar coffee on April Fools Day
    TEE HEE. and HOW are you going to mask the odor?? PLEASE let me know.

MRD

We got home from the grocery store and as we were unloading the car, we hear yelling. Then "Help me! Help me!" My husband takes off running through our yard, jumped the creek and through the neighbors yard and finds her lying by her porch. She had fallen about 5 feet. I drove over, I can't jump the creek. We called 911 and tried to make her comfortable, but were afraid to move her in case if was a spine or neck or head injury. It was pretty obvious her arm was also broken. We got her purse, cell phone, keys, meds and gave all to the EMT's. We got her sister on the phone and told her what happened.

Well last night we get a phone call from the woman's elderly mother who says her daughter had been lying there about 20 min and no one heard her. She had just said a prayer for God to send someone when she heard my husband's voice saying: "hang, on, I'm on my way". The mother was so sweet and thankful and said she had gotten our phone number from one of the neighbors and had to call to tell us thank you for rescueing her daughter. The daughter has a broken shoulder, but otherwise ok.

She said her daughter wants to meet us "properly" when she's feeling better. But we did get to meet a few of the other neighbors on that side (with the creek and a big chunk of land separating us, we hadn't met any of them yet).

I'm going to make food to take over to her as I'm sure that with a broken shoulder it will be hard for her to cook. She lives alone and has refused to stay with her mother or sister.

But it was so strange that we were the only ones that heard her, yet no one on her street where the houses are close together could hear her. They didn't come out until the ambulance arrived. This is a fairly close (as in neighborly) neighborhood so it's surprising no one could hear her.

But I did meet the most lovely older couple that lives next to her. And my husband has volunteered to go and put up a railing on the porch so this won't happen again.

I was so proud of him. I haven't seen him move that fast, or jump that well in years. And it's pretty overgrown at the creek which is why I wouldn't even attempt to go through that way.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread