+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6420Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3410208;
    Does anyone else's cat like to wake them up EVERY night at like 3 or 4 am just for the heck of it?

My cat Moo (she is black and white and seriously looks like a mini dairy cow) likes to sit on my chest and shove her paw up my nose until I wake up and pet her. If I don't wake up she begins to meow like she is telling me off.

I love the little cow to death but I'm seriously not wanting to go through another night of the whole 'witching hour' routine. Help? Advice?
    We had this problem with a couple of our cats. The only solution that we were able to come up with was shutting the cats out of our room at bedtime. One is very sly, and hides out under the bed until after we are in bed, but she no longer wakes us during the night. Must not have liked sleeping away from us.

Regarding the TIVO discussion earlier... we have 3 TIVO units in the house. One in our bedroom, one in the living room, and our son has one in his room. It took us quite a while to break down and buy him one, but his SpongeBob episodes were taking up too much space -- Dad just couldn't deal.

Edited to add -- MRD, you handled the situation with true southern grace. I would not have had that kind of restraint. I'm not a southerner, so my CA 'tude would have come out in full force. And I bet she would think twice before behaving quite like that again.
    Last edited by Margaritaville; 04-10-2009 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3410238;
    Get used to it. Joey wakes me up every night around 2:30-3:00 for a tummy rub and ear skritching for 10 minutes then goes back to sleep. Let's see where is that post??? March 25, 2009 I posted:
    LOL! I wonder if Joey and Moo are related! I've tried shutting my bedroom door at night but she has a little flair for the dramatic and just sticks her fluffy little paws under the door and meows until I give and let her in.

Gotta love them though no matter what...
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

I'm tellin ya.. cats are just like kids. You have to get a bit tough to break them of their bad habits. We had the same issue with Jimmy. He is the most persistent cat we have ever owned. He would cry and scratch at our door like crazy. But we ignored him and he gave up after a few nights. Just like you let a baby cry it out to begin sleeping through the night. Cats are extremely smart, and they will play you like crazy. Love them to death, though. Wouldn't have it any other way.

I believe that channel surfing thing is just born in the male species. It drives me crazy. Even uor seven year old will do it if I don't take the remote away from him. We can be traveling and the minute we get in the hotel room and close the door my husband runs for the remote and starts his thumb exercises. I like to look around the room, read whatever may be there but watching reruns of Leave it to Beaver is pretty low on my list. I'll get my key and leave the room and he's right behind me wanting to know where we're going. Well, hopefully we're going where there's no tv!

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3410308;
    I believe that channel surfing thing is just born in the male species. It drives me crazy. Even uor seven year old will do it if I don't take the remote away from him. We can be traveling and the minute we get in the hotel room and close the door my husband runs for the remote and starts his thumb exercises. I like to look around the room, read whatever may be there but watching reruns of Leave it to Beaver is pretty low on my list. I'll get my key and leave the room and he's right behind me wanting to know where we're going. Well, hopefully we're going where there's no tv!
    We were staying in a hotel on vacation a couple of years ago and the batteries in the remote went dead. Now, Mr. Doxie COULD have reached the television without going more than about four feet. He also COULD have waited until morning to get the hotel to replace the batteries.... Did he? No. He walked across the street to a gas station and bougnt new batteries for the thing!

I can't stand the channel surfing either. And, I do not like to start watching something when it is halfway over. He will be surfing around and stop on a movie that has twenty minutes left and become glued to that channel. If I am going to watch a movie, I want to see the whole thing! GRRRRR...
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3410327;
    I can't stand the channel surfing either. And, I do not like to start watching something when it is halfway over. He will be surfing around and stop on a movie that has twenty minutes left and become glued to that channel. If I am going to watch a movie, I want to see the whole thing! GRRRRR...
    I know this guy! I think he is Mr. Cootie! Especially the part about watching parts of movies. I have my own tv in a nearby room because of channel surfing and too much bullriding. The two tv arrangement has kept us together for over 30 years...with no tv in the bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3410327;
    If I am going to watch a movie, I want to see the whole thing! GRRRRR...
    I'm exactly the same way.....If I miss even a few minutes of a movie, I feel like I don't know what I'm watching. I have to say that for all his faults, and there were MANY, the ex Mr. Bunny was always very considerate with the remote. If I got a phone call during a movie, he would always pause it until I got back. On the other hand, you all are still married to your remote hogs so they might not be all that bad.

Hey you all, changing the subject, but how do you clean your coffee pots? Mine is white and when I go to pour the water in it is looks gunky inside. I ran some soda through it and that helped, but I need something a little stronger. I'm sure that vinegar would work but I'm afraid the coffee would taste if I did that. Any ideas?

White vinegar works fine, Mudah--just run another pot of plain water through when you finish. (Actually, I usually do the water twice, just to be sure)

Before you do that, try swirling crushed ice around and around--you will be surprised at how much gunk comes out.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Just got back from a family trip to Atlantic City. I'm beat.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread