+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6454Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3409761;
    MRD, in regards to your acquaintance, don't forget the old stand-by "well, bless her heart..."
    We had a discussion of the meaning of this phrase a while back,but apparently you missed it MRD's nemesis does NOT get a 'bless her heart'. , shes apparently just a bitch, crazy, drunk, or all three.

What is it about men and TVs--and remote controls? When L comes here he turns on the TV immediately if it's not on. I think I could stand several solid hours of news better than the constant channel surfing, or going back to check sports scores, which is what makes me nuts. He usually doesn't even give it time so we can see whats on, if there is nothing attention grabbing at that given moment. If there's 'nothing on', figure out the least of the evils and leave it there. Guess what, no new shows start until at least the half hour or hour marks. And when there are ads on, they are usually on the other station also. Leave it alone!
    I will give him credit, if there is a show that I say I want to watch, and demand he not fool with it, he will leave it for that hour. But I bet his hand is itching the whole time.
    Last edited by queenb; 04-10-2009 at 12:02 PM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I don't watch much TV, but the shows I do watch I would like to see.
    My Mr. likes to sit and talk to me while I'm trying to watch, now I tape and watch later.
    Isn't there some study that says if you see or hear something so many times you can memorize it.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3409793;
    I don't watch much TV, but the shows I do watch I would like to see.
    My Mr. likes to sit and talk to me while I'm trying to watch, now I tape and watch later.
    Isn't there some study that says if you see or hear something so many times you can memorize it.
    I have memorized Mr buglover's things. He does repeat himself often but I just sit through his amazingly long stories unless it's a show that I really want to watch. If that's the case, I just give him the "at the commercial babe" and we're good. He usually forgets what he wants to say by the time the commercial comes around.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I think the better old stand-by would be... Misery loves company!
    And she sound miserable to me.
    Maybe instead of hanging the chicken feet over your door, you could carry them in your pocket and when you see her, just jerk them out of your pocket and wave them in her face...... They are to scare off haints, right ?
    Last edited by inthegarden; 04-10-2009 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3409797;
    I have memorized Mr buglover's things. He does repeat himself often but I just sit through his amazingly long stories unless it's a show that I really want to watch. If that's the case, I just give him the "at the commercial babe" and we're good. He usually forgets what he wants to say by the time the commercial comes around.
    Thanks I'll try that.

MRD

Queenb, I think it's all 3. IntheGarden, I can see me whipping out the chicken feet when I see her again. That would be too funny.

And no, she does NOT deserve a bless her heart. I wish she would get help, but until she does, I don't need to be around it.

Well I have to admit that I drive my husband crazy when he's watching the news (my payback?) as I read the news scroll on the bottom of the screen and if I miss something that has caught my attention, I make him rewind so I can read it. Drives him insane.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3409788;
    We had a discussion of the meaning of this phrase a while back,but apparently you missed it MRD's nemesis does NOT get a 'bless her heart'. , shes apparently just a bitch, crazy, drunk, or all three.

What is it about men and TVs--and remote controls? When L comes here he turns on the TV immediately if it's not on. I think I could stand several solid hours of news better than the constant channel surfing, or going back to check sports scores, which is what makes me nuts. He usually doesn't even give it time so we can see whats on, if there is nothing attention grabbing at that given moment. If there's 'nothing on', figure out the least of the evils and leave it there. Guess what, no new shows start until at least the half hour or hour marks. And when there are ads on, they are usually on the other station also. Leave it alone!
    I will give him credit, if there is a show that I say I want to watch, and demand he not fool with it, he will leave it for that hour. But I bet his hand is itching the whole time.
    Jerry Seinfeld has already explained that remote control/channel surfing behavior to us.....years ago. BECAUSE MEN HUNT AND WOMEN NEST! He just might have a point, there.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

queenb, you just made me laugh, bless your heart (no, really, I am just kidding!). I just love the saying. My reasoning was that we don't always like to hurt other people's feelings (even if they've tromped on ours real hard), and this would be a "grown up" way of moving on without being vicious about it.

I have to confess that I'm guilty of channel-surfing on Tues pm only-AI and TBL.

My husband does the channel surfing thing too but what is most annoying is that he'll pause on a station just long enough to catch my interest, then change it. We have Direct Tv but do you think he will use the guide? No, he'd rather flip through every channel on the tv rather than bring up the guide and leave the show playing in the upper corner.

I admit I was a bit of an All News Channel junkie during the elections. My 2 year old granddaughter could still pick Obama out of a line up if she had to. But I've tapered off now and limit it to an occasional Hardball or Rachel Maddow and the Nightly news.

Btw MRD - We have satellite too and on the weather channel when they are doing the local news you push a button on your remote and it brings up your local area forecast and radar. At least Direct TV has that, don't know about DISH. Shhhh! Don't tell your hubby though.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

MRD

Lil Bit, I did not know that. We get the local weather from the computer.

And I hate the channel surfing thing too. I will be listening, just getting interested and then wham-o, we're on another channel.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread