+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Well at least you watch a variety of shows and not MSNBC 24/7. That's a problem and I am going to have to get tough. Wonder if there is a 12 step program for people addicted to the news?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3409568;
    Well at least you watch a variety of shows and not MSNBC 24/7. That's a problem and I am going to have to get tough. Wonder if there is a 12 step program for people addicted to the news?
    Unfortunately, I can't help you because I have a visceral hatred of twenty-four hour news as it's on all day at work.

Have you tried sending him to msnbc.com?

I don't have Tivo but have DVR service through my cable company. I can only record two shows at the same time and have to watch one of those shows, meaning I can't dvr two shows and watch a third at the same time.

My desktop computer also has that media center thing so I can record two shows on there as well. I just would rather rewatch the shows while sitting in my comfy recliner or couch, not in a computer chair in front of the monitor! And I am too lazy to record a show on the pc, save it to a DVD and bring it down to the family room to pop into our DVD player!

One of my brothers has two Tivos....one in his family room and one in his bedroom.

MRD - My husband doesn't stick to just one channel, but it seems the ones he likes are the ones I hate. Headline News - Now, I watch that, but after 15 minutes or so, it's all repeated news... move on for God's sake! The Weather Channel - once you check out the local forcast, what good is it? ESPN - like I said, small doses are fine, but all day?

My husband seems to think that the tv should be on at all times too. He will come home from work and I usually don't have the tv on in the afternoon, because there's nothing on that I care to watch. He ALWAYS goes in and turns it on, then usually will go get on the computer or take a shower or something. I think it's just habit with him though.

phroshay - It sounds to me like UPS is trying really hard to get people to do business with FedEx.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

[QUOTE=Lil Bit;3409718;]MRD - My husband doesn't stick to just one channel, but it seems the ones he likes are the ones I hate. Headline News - Now, I watch that, but after 15 minutes or so, it's all repeated news... move on for God's sake! The Weather Channel - once you check out the local forcast, what good is it? ESPN - like I said, small doses are fine, but all day?

My husband seems to think that the tv should be on at all times too. He will come home from work and I usually don't have the tv on in the afternoon, because there's nothing on that I care to watch. He ALWAYS goes in and turns it on, then usually will go get on the computer or take a shower or something. I think it's just habit with him though.

Hey, Lil Bit - Are you secretly married to my husband? That's EXACTLY what he does. He'll watch the local news (every time it's on) and then he watches the early news, and then the 11 o'clock news. And it's all the same stories!!! And the weather channel - we have the same discussion EVERY MORNING! Even when I prove that the weather channel really doesn't give good local weather, he still watches it. I just don't get it.

MRD

OK, are you guys married to MY husband? I hardly ever turn the tv on, but he turns it on as soon as he gets home and then takes a shower, gets something to eat, gets on the computer. And often, he's got both the one in the bedroom and the tv room on at the same time.

Keith Olberman comes on at 8 pm and 10. Rachel at 9 pm and 11, and the 2nd shows are repeats of the one on 2 hours earlier. He watches them all. It's the SAME SHOW!!!!

At least he doesn't watch the weather channel. We have satellite so it doesn't give us the local forecast for our area or he would watch it. He did when we had cable and got the local weather.

MRD, in regards to your acquaintance, don't forget the old stand-by "well, bless her heart..."

For all of you w/spouses who are addicted to tv/news, do you ever make date nights where you spend time talking?

Talking??? What's that? LOL

My husband and I were both fairly addicted to the 24 hour news during the run up to the election last year, but fortunately things are back to normal now. It had gotten to the point where our daughter, who had just turned 4, would identify Barack Obama and John McCain whenever they came on the TV!!

MRD

That's what happened to us too, but I got over it. He didn't. We do talk, because he pauses the tv to discuss political policy with me.

We do go out together and talk fairly often. We have good communication. It's just I would like to watch a movie sometime, you know?

+ Reply to Thread