+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6755Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Here's the absolutely stupidest thing that happened to me today, and I'm just going to blow off a bit of steam. I had to go to UPS today to ship a package. I went to where I last remember the "Customer Center" being, and it was not there, anymore. Not only was it not there, but no one...and I'm talking employees, here... seemed to know where it was!! I talked to a man, obviously a "manager", who said that he had just come from a meeting about the location of the Customer center, because customers weren't able to find the place. I was directed to a building where they would give me a map to show me where to go. I went to the building, and the woman at the counter looked totally perplexed and flustered, and gave me a map, telling me that the center was on "Commerce Drive", about 4 miles from where we were. I follow her little map, and finally found a street called "Air Commerce Drive", after I had passed it. She said I would see the signs. NO SIGNS!!! I've never experienced anything so ridiculous for such a huge, prominent (although, not in this case) company. This center has been relocated for 6 months, and why doesn't anyone know any more than they do??? Total stupidity.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3409253;
    Here's the absolutely stupidest thing that happened to me today, and I'm just going to blow off a bit of steam. I had to go to UPS today to ship a package. I went to where I last remember the "Customer Center" being, and it was not there, anymore. Not only was it not there, but no one...and I'm talking employees, here... seemed to know where it was!! I talked to a man, obviously a "manager", who said that he had just come from a meeting about the location of the Customer center, because customers weren't able to find the place. I was directed to a building where they would give me a map to show me where to go. I went to the building, and the woman at the counter looked totally perplexed and flustered, and gave me a map, telling me that the center was on "Commerce Drive", about 4 miles from where we were. I follow her little map, and finally found a street called "Air Commerce Drive", after I had passed it. She said I would see the signs. NO SIGNS!!! I've never experienced anything so ridiculous for such a huge, prominent (although, not in this case) company. This center has been relocated for 6 months, and why doesn't anyone know any more than they do??? Total stupidity.
    I can remember years ago when I went to Boston. I was looking for a place that was less than 2 miles from the site I was at and was a pretty big and well known place in Boston. Nobody had a clue about it and the directions they gave me were pretty much - make a right at Joe's bar, then a left at the high school, etc. They were all clueless. So, yes, I can believe that employees of a company are pretty clueless, too.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3408617;
    THanks all. Quite honestly, this is where the Southern upbringing is so hard to overcome, as we are taught to be so polite. But if I see her again, I will try to avoid speaking and if I can't, then I will just say, sorry, got stuff to do, must run.
    OK, do I have to come over and show you how to do this?
    You can avoid speaking--no matter what, even if she is right in front of you! Do not see, do not hear, look up in the air or in the other direction, or best yet, right through her --just ignore her very existence, no matter what she says or does. Even if it's nice.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3408555;
    Guess who I ran into accidentally yesterday. I mean, total unavoidable running into. I had stopped at the grocery store next to my daughter's school and was walking out the door as she was walking in and we came face to face. Could not avoid it. She was pleasant enough in the beginning, but then got real beligerant and said to me "your husband is a real sh**. I took a deep breath and said: "sorry you feel that way, I've got to run, it's my daughter's birthday" and walked off. I so wanted to just slap her. I wanted to say more, but I literally had to pick up my daughter at school and I knew getting into a public argument would be worse than anything else. I'm done, I've been done and I would have avoided her if I could have. But who calls someone else's husband that? I mean really? I would have dearly loved to have launched into her. But I think I took the high road. I didn't want to be combative or in a bad mood and let it ruin a good day and I think not responding to her was the best way. Personally, I think she's a sh**. I don't particularly like the husband she's divorcing, but I have never, ever said that to her even when she's been on a rant about him. I just don't believe in saying bad things about people's family members. And the reason she thinks my husband is a sh** is because he won't kiss her butt like apparantly she expects all men to do. If I wasn't done before, I'm really done now. But how to keep avoiding her?
    MRD, you did the right thing.
    I have found that the best way to cut off people who say mean spirited things is to just not respond to them. You can smile or nod at her, but just don't respond. People like that are simply wanting to test others and have them stoop to the same level. If you ignore her, she will absolutely go away.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Happy Birthday not-so-little-anymore-Rosie!!!!

mrd, I teared up when I read how you wrote that your parents would be proud of your daughter (Does that sentence make sense to anyone else? I'm really tired) . I often wonder how my grandparents would feel about how my life has turned out.

MRD

BT, I think your grandparents would be proud. I have felt that the best way I can honor my parents and grandmother is to live my life in a way they would be proud of. Thanks for the wishes and your post made perfect sense.

Queenb, I can't help it. I have been programmed as a Southern woman who must be civil. Not so much polite, but you know what I mean. You will speak, but it's obvious it's not heartfelt. I have a hard time with the Southern notion of "cutting". I can do it if I never see the person, but if I see them, it's hard to just ignore them. But I promise to try. I really hope I don't run into her again. I never go in that grocery store and my daughter will be out of that school that's close by in another month, so my chances of being on that part of town after May are slim.

Prhoshay, that is totally ridiculous. I'd complain to someone if you could find someone to complain too. Likely none of those idiots will know who to complain to either.

OK, for my rant. Hubby thinks the ONLY channel on our TV is MSNBC. I don't mind watching it, but not for hours. So I was watching a movie and he said: "my back hurts, I'm going to lay down". He was watching MSNBC in the bedroom. I was watching the movie. AMC has so many stupid commercials that I got tired of sitting through them, so I thought: "I'll check my email and give it 15 minutes and then I can fast forward through the commercials and just watch the movie". He got up and went in there and changed the damn channel to MSNBC and now I dont' have my movie anymore. Yeah, I'd seen it before, but dammit, when do I get the tv???? (and yes, I realize I'm addicted to Tivo so I can pause and ff stuff) ARGH! I'm going to see if I can put a parental control on and block MSNBC. It's gotten totally riciculous. He'll watch Keith Olberman and Rachel Maddow which I do happen to like, but not to the exclusion of everything else, and then sit through them both again when the repeat the same show the same night. I think he needs an intervention. It's gotten to the point where I think he's afraid the world will end and he won't be watching MSNBC to see it happen.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've often thought that I could use a second DVR in the house.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3409338;
    I've thought that too and I think I should have my own room that NO one else can use. Right now, I share every room in the house. I'm back to thinking about getting my own apartment for me and the dogs and just coming to spend weekends with my husband and child.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3409262;
    OK, do I have to come over and show you how to do this?
    You can avoid speaking--no matter what, even if she is right in front of you! Do not see, do not hear, look up in the air or in the other direction, or best yet, right through her --just ignore her very existence, no matter what she says or does. Even if it's nice.
    That works well for me. I use that strategy with the woman my son married and it works out perfectly. She doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3409338;
    I'm almost ashamed to admit this, but I have two, one in my bedroom and one in the living room, and my roommate barely knows how to use the thing, so both of them are all mine. I have to say, I love having it. Earlier in the year, when Gossip Girl, Big Bang Theory, and Bachelor were all airing at once, I could dvr all three using the two tvs without any problems. Some of my shows are on both in case one of them has a problem (which happened on Tuesday and allowed me to catch up on Idol while waiting to reset the other one). Or if friends are coming over for a tv night, I can dvr things in the living room as well as their normal season pass in my bedroom.

I also live in a New York apartment, so there's not twenty feet between the two (but there is a wall)!

I'm sure this really means that I have a problem, but it's really convenient!

+ Reply to Thread