Like Tree5929Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

LMAO! Leave it to a man...
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3408330;
    MRD all this talk about birthdays made me think of my son's- he was 21 last month- The day he was born, I was cleaning house and my water broke, 2 months early, my stepson was down the street at a neighbors playing.
    I called the neighbor and Mr. Neighbor answered the phone, I said Mr. Neighbor my water just broke, he interrupted me and said Well, if you give me just a minute I"ll come down with my plumber's wrench and turn it off!

Hilarious!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3407424;
    I just sat down and wrote my daughter a letter on the occasion of her 18th birthday and now I'm crying my eyes out. I didn't cry when she went to Kindergarten, why now? I think because I told her in it that my parents would be so proud of her if they could see her today. I think I'm really missing them today more than I am upset she's turned into an adult.

But I wanted to give her something meaningful and I thought a heartfelt letter would be that. I am such a sap.
    So sweet. I think the letter combined with those chocolate snails is a perfect combo that she will never forget! The slug Easter egg hunt is a story I plan to share with my daughter. She will love it. Well told...!

Happy Birthday to mrd jr.!

MRD

Inthegarden, that is hilarious. If only a plumbers wrench would work.....
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3403180;
    She drinks. And that's one of the reasons I've not been close to her lately. She's a totally different person when she drinks which is what caused the problem with my husband a few weeks ago. We both were willing to overlook a few things as she is going through a divorce and the drinking, but the drinking has finally got to me. I'm sure she had been drinking when she called the other night.

Anyway, I'm done. I have had a good excuse with school to put off having to see her lately, and I'm about to get even busier, if she decides to ever call me. You all are right, I'm not calling her. Why should I call? Well basically because she won't remember what she said to my husband on Thur. Or even if she does, I'm not calling. I don't need this right now. I feel badly for her as her situtation isn't pleasant, but until she gets the drinking under control, she's not going to have many people in her life to support her.

Lil Bit, you're right, no one would ever cause dumping intentionally. It is the WORST feeling ever. And embarrassing when it happens in public.

Thanks all. I appreciate the advice. It's a hard situtation, but I think I knew that it had to end. I can't deal with people with alcohol problems. Nor do I want too. That sounds cruel, she does need help, but until she thinks she has a drinking problem, she will never get help herself no matter what I say.
    Guess who I ran into accidentally yesterday. I mean, total unavoidable running into. I had stopped at the grocery store next to my daughter's school and was walking out the door as she was walking in and we came face to face. Could not avoid it. She was pleasant enough in the beginning, but then got real beligerant and said to me "your husband is a real sh**. I took a deep breath and said: "sorry you feel that way, I've got to run, it's my daughter's birthday" and walked off. I so wanted to just slap her. I wanted to say more, but I literally had to pick up my daughter at school and I knew getting into a public argument would be worse than anything else. I'm done, I've been done and I would have avoided her if I could have. But who calls someone else's husband that? I mean really? I would have dearly loved to have launched into her. But I think I took the high road. I didn't want to be combative or in a bad mood and let it ruin a good day and I think not responding to her was the best way. Personally, I think she's a sh**. I don't particularly like the husband she's divorcing, but I have never, ever said that to her even when she's been on a rant about him. I just don't believe in saying bad things about people's family members. And the reason she thinks my husband is a sh** is because he won't kiss her butt like apparantly she expects all men to do. If I wasn't done before, I'm really done now. But how to keep avoiding her?

I definitely think you took the high road, MRD. There's nothing you can say to a person like that that they will actually hear. I think if you run into her again, you just do exactly what you did today - refuse to be caught up in her behavior and take the high road.

I say just go on with your life without any attempts to avoid her. Don't go out of your way for her. If I were you I would act like she wasn't even there if you did run into her. I'm sure she would get the hint and pester someone else.

It just amazes me how rude some people can be! She makes me want to slap her and I don't even know her!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Say not a word even if you come face to face. keep a walking.

MRD

THanks all. Quite honestly, this is where the Southern upbringing is so hard to overcome, as we are taught to be so polite. But if I see her again, I will try to avoid speaking and if I can't, then I will just say, sorry, got stuff to do, must run.

You know, right now, I'm less mad than I am pitying her. When I first met her, she was funny, fun to be with, smart, but the drinking has changed all of that. I have had personal family experiences with alcoholics and they were hard enough, I don't need it from so called friends. But her attitude has changed so badly and I know other people that have broken ties with her over it. It's sad really. But you can't help people that don't want to be helped and you can't be supportive when they treat you so rudely. At this point, I hope she can get her life back together, but I won't be part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3408330;
    I called the neighbor and Mr. Neighbor answered the phone, I said Mr. Neighbor my water just broke, he interrupted me and said Well, if you give me just a minute I"ll come down with my plumber's wrench and turn it off!
    I literally laughed out loud at that one!!

+ Reply to Thread