+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5670Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3405413;
    Lefse on the other hand is delicious. My mother made the most wonderful lefse.

Sugar or Jam?? This is one of my husband's favourite treats, he only gets it when he goes home to Manitoba and his Granny makes it
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Happy Birthday, little Rosie!! MRD, have a ball today!!

I'm in my fifties and I'm still chicken to get a tattoo. Can you put tattoos on scars?

I love beef livers. I make it a little differently, but it turns out moist, not dried out!

MRD

I have a friend that got a tattoo to cover up a scar, so I'd say yes, but it depends on how bad the scar is.

I might go with her. I'm not really that opposed to her getting a tattoo. I mean, I have one, but again, I was 40 when I got it. She wants an Owl and I have a flamingo. She wants hers in the same spot as mine which is on my chest and you only see it if I wear a bathing suit which isn't often. I'm not afraid of needles or pain and she is, so I may go for moral support as I can't imagine her sitting still long enough to get it.

So, I got voter's registration papers and put it in her card and it was lumpy like the card was full of money. She ripped open the card this morning and the look on her face when she saw the voter's papers was priceless. Then she says: "well with parents like you guys, what did I expect?" so then I gave her her real present which was cash. We got small bills and taped them end to end, so I flipped it at her and there was this long ribbon of green and so she was very happy. We wanted to get her something meaningful, but she graduates from cosmolotogy school next month and kept telling us she needed stuff for starting out in the the business and we couldn't decide what to get her, so went with the ever popular and well received gift of cash.

But she is MY daughter and said: so if I fill these papers out now, when exactly do I get to vote for the first time???

Yes, we are a weird family. My mom took me to the courthouse when I turned 18 to register to vote. So it's tradition.

However, Mt. St. Helen's erupted on MY 18th birthday, so I doubt that we see fireworks like that for little Rosie. I hope not at least. Don't need that tradition carrying over.

And now I am off to the grocery store and then have to bake a cake.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3407040;
    I'm in my fifties and I'm still chicken to get a tattoo. Can you put tattoos on scars?
    Why would you want to cover a perfectly good scar? What if you're in the Atlantic on a fishing boat, swilling beer, and everyone starts comparing scars, a la Jaws? You don't want to be like Chief Brody, who's only scar was from his appendectomy
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3407096;
    Why would you want to cover a perfectly good scar? What if you're in the Atlantic on a fishing boat, swilling beer, and everyone starts comparing scars, a la Jaws? You don't want to be like Chief Brody, who's only scar was from his appendectomy
    "Show me the way to go home. I'm tired and I want to go to bed. I had a little drink about an hour ago and it went right to my head."

I'm ready. I know the song and have some scars, just need the fishing boat and the beer.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

"Whereever I may roam, on land or sea or foam. You will always hear me singing the song,....show me the way to go home!"

Too many scars, and if I ever lose enough weight to wear a two piece, I want it to look interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3405319;
    I have TONS of wisteria blooming in my yard. Can I cut some of it to bring inside and put in a vase or will it die too quickly? It's so pretty and I have so much, I'd like to have some inside. Dogwood too. But my azaleas are not blooming. Everyone else in the neighborhood has gorgeous azaleas. Mine, not a sign of a bud on them.
    Yes, you can bring it inside but keep your machete close by. You may have to hack your way out. I'm joking of course but that is one plant that doesn't know when to quit. I think it's a close relative of kudzu. I had two wisteria on my arbor and even after being dug up and burned, we fight the darn things all the time. The roots must be a mile long.

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Happy Birthday little Rosie
    MRD I think that is a great idea that you go with her to get her Tattoo, you can share the experience years down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3407032;
    Sugar or Jam?? This is one of my husband's favourite treats, he only gets it when he goes home to Manitoba and his Granny makes it
    Sugar for me, with real butter of course.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

MRD

I just sat down and wrote my daughter a letter on the occasion of her 18th birthday and now I'm crying my eyes out. I didn't cry when she went to Kindergarten, why now? I think because I told her in it that my parents would be so proud of her if they could see her today. I think I'm really missing them today more than I am upset she's turned into an adult.

But I wanted to give her something meaningful and I thought a heartfelt letter would be that. I am such a sap.

+ Reply to Thread