+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6195Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Well today is the last day that I have a minor living in my house. Little Rosie turns 18 years old tomorrow. I cannot believe that 18 years have seemed to have just flown by. And 18 years ago tonight I was having the last solid meal I would eat for approx. 4 days and wondering why in the heck my back hurt so dang bad.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

How excited is DD about turning 18??
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

She's about to burst. She thinks it's like magic or something will happen tomorrow. Nope, but magic for me, if she does something wrong, I'm not responsible for it anymore (not that I think she would, but it's a thought I have entertained as being good just in case).
    AND, she can go to the dr. by herself now. Her doctor won't see her unless she has a parent with her, but now she can go by herself and I don't have too. I'm thinking of all the good things.

I brought home voter's registration papers for her to sign. That was MY big contribution to the birthday so far.

On the not so good side, she's planning on getting a tattoo this weekend. But it will be small and inconspicuous and hidden by clothing. What can I say? She's going to be 18. And it's her money. I did mention that I was FORTY when I got my tattoo and my mother was DEAD, but it didn't faze her.

Best of LUCK to the Rosiedog family....

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf;3405366;
    Having no idea what Lutefisk was I looked it up on wikipedia. I only have one question. WHY!!?? Why would you take a perfectly good fish and ruin it?
    You're not the only one. I too looked it up, but is it really fit for human consumption? It sounds like you should call Poison Control if you accidentally ingest it.

For the others- H-A-T-E-D asparagus until not so long ago, now love it either blanched with salad dressing or roasted with either lemon juice sprinkled on top or garlic... or in pasta, ok, I guess I just love it.
    Liver- nope, not in any form. I've tried, even pate, even in France... just no.
    Meat loaf- Not a huge fan. I'd rather have a hamburger.
    Apples- If I'm eating them plain, in a salad, or with peanut butter, green only. In pies, sauce, etc, any color is fine.

Am I missing any?

MRD

I'm with prhoshay, I will eat chicken livers, but not beef liver. And here in the South, you haven't lived until you find one of those "gas station" restaurants that makes fried livers and gizzards. Now THAT's good eatin'.

My neighbor recently told me to hang chicken feet over my front door to keep the evil spirits away. And I do know of a grocery store here that sells chicken feet, but I think I will take my chances on the evil spirits. As far as I know, they won't smell like rotten chicken feet.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You might want to reconsider the chicken feet over the front door if you're going to have another "adult" living in the house! I'm telling you, mrd, the worries don't ever go away; the sizes of the worries just change.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3406755;
    You might want to reconsider the chicken feet over the front door if you're going to have another "adult" living in the house! I'm telling you, mrd, the worries don't ever go away; the sizes of the worries just change.
    Yeah I know, but chicken feet won't help with worry. They just keep the "haints" away.

I know I will worry, but I am fairly confident that we have raised a bright, reasonably responsible adult that has so far made good decisions. She's a lot smarter and more mature than I was at 18. I think I've prepared her for the world. NOt sure the world is prepared for HER!

It's been an amazing 18 years. I can remember when she was a baby and I would try to imagine what kind of person she would grow up to be. I think what I imagined and what's reality are pretty darn close and for that I am both lucky and very thankful.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3405993;

On the not so good side, she's planning on getting a tattoo this weekend. But it will be small and inconspicuous and hidden by clothing. What can I say? She's going to be 18. And it's her money. I did mention that I was FORTY when I got my tattoo and my mother was DEAD, but it didn't faze her.
    She'll be over her 18th birthday a day later, i know i was. About the tattoo, my mom is still pissed. And i got it at 21. However her issue over it is a complete other thread. Will you go with her?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Just make sure she dosn't get a Tweety bird on her bum or anything that she will regret. One of my closest friends got Micky Mouse on her wrist last month and is already regretting it. :S
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

+ Reply to Thread