+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7290Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3405223;
    One of the absolute stupidest arguments that I ever witnessed (and it's a little surprising that I managed to stay out of it ) was two guys nearly coming to blows over who's mother made the best meatloaf It goes without saying that neither had tasted the other's family recipe, both were arguing from ignorance, and hells bells, it's meatloaf! How wonderful could it really be???

Asparagus
    Liver:
    Lutefisk: Only if it would prevent all the demons of Hell from unleashing their fury
    for meatloaf. This was the food I would request for my birthday dinner as a 5 year old. I think because my mother (who had 7 children at the time) had a pretty limited repertoire when it came to entrees. Meatloaf was her best dish. I loved how it was made in a bowl by squishing it all together with some oatmeal added in! I have recently become reacquainted with it! I feel a little silly even mentioning it, but as far as comfort food goes, I love it. Arguing about it? Nah. I think there is room in this world for more than one meatloaf recipe. Maybe this was the guys way of showing their mother-love to the world. Kind of sweet, really.

Meatloaf - LOVE his music!!!
    meatloaf - I like mine -- ground turkey with Granny Smith Apples, onions, oatmeal, and rice as a base, but it never turns out the same way twice because I always play with the seasonings
    liver - Uh-uh. Nope.
    asparagus - yum! (But it has to be fresh from the farmers' market or garden. Not frozen. Certainly not canned.)
    grapefruit - Love it, but I have to time it so that I don't eat it within three hours before or after a thyroid med it conflicts with
    lutefisk - If it guaranteed that I could be a leggy, bikini-worthy, platinum-blonde Swede, I might try it. 'Til then, no thanks!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

My grandmother used to have the butcher grind up liver and she would add that to hamburger to make meatloaf. I didn't like meatloaf until I was grown and could make it myself sans liver. Now I love it. One of my comfort foods.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I love liver, asparagus, meatloaf, and grapefruit. Some guy on a long-life (restricted calorie) diet on Oprah ate a bowl of 3 apples' worth of skins only with nuts every morning. I can't imagine that the rest of the apple has that many calories!
    Count your blessings!

MRD

I have TONS of wisteria blooming in my yard. Can I cut some of it to bring inside and put in a vase or will it die too quickly? It's so pretty and I have so much, I'd like to have some inside. Dogwood too. But my azaleas are not blooming. Everyone else in the neighborhood has gorgeous azaleas. Mine, not a sign of a bud on them.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

lutefisk - If it guaranteed that I could be a leggy, bikini-worthy, platinum-blonde Swede, I might try it. 'Til then, no thanks!
    I thought that you already were!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Lutefisk=

About the only thing I will eat coming out of Norway is Lefsa. My friend's family is 100% Norwegan and they make it homemade every year. When he first married his wife his family dared her to eat Lutefisk and she did. She said it was the most disgusting thing ever!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Having no idea what Lutefisk was I looked it up on wikipedia. I only have one question. WHY!!?? Why would you take a perfectly good fish and ruin it?
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf;3405366;
    Having no idea what Lutefisk was I looked it up on wikipedia. I only have one question. WHY!!?? Why would you take a perfectly good fish and ruin it?
    My point exactly and I'm almost full blooded Norwegian. Anything that will tarnish silver if left sitting in it too long is NOT going in my stomach.

Lefse on the other hand is delicious. My mother made the most wonderful lefse.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I was just going to ask what 'lutefisk' was, thinking that it sounded like some kind of fish. Luckily, I wouldn't have to try it to see if I liked it since I am super-allergic to white fish. It certainsly doesn't have a very attractive name.

I love apple peels! If you peel it....though I don't know why you would...I'll be there to eat the peels! Isn't that where the fiber is?

Now, lefse sounds interesting!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 04-07-2009 at 12:07 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread