+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6246Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3404160;
    My sister taught me to eat grapefruit by individually peeling each section. The skins are bitter, but the flesh is sweet. Plus, it takes all of my lunch period to eat it that way.
    That's what happens when you use a grapefruit spoon--the skins don't come out with the section. But there is still an awful taste in the flesh itself, to me. I think the thing about things tasting different to different people is true; otherwise I would love asparagus like everyone else, but I can't even chew or swallow it. And no, I can't eat liver, no matter what wonderful way your momma showed you to prepare it

As to apples, mine have to be very crisp, and in that case I'll eat almost any kind. If it's even a tiny bit softer, I'm not very happy.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3404253;
    I think the thing about things tasting different to different people is true; otherwise I would love asparagus like everyone else, but I can't even chew or swallow it. And no, I can't eat liver, no matter what wonderful way your momma showed you to prepare it

As to apples, mine have to be very crisp, and in that case I'll eat almost any kind. If it's even a tiny bit softer, I'm not very happy.
    Thank goodness I found someone else who doesn't like asparagus. I thought I was the only one . I don't like the smell or taste and can't chew it either. And I agree about liver too. Blech. My mom made it when I was growing up and I ate it but don't make it myself. It's gross looking when it's raw.

I'm not as picky about apples but would prefer them to be crisp over soft. I like pretty much all the varieties of apples I've tried over the years.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3404267;
    Thank goodness I found someone else who doesn't like asparagus. I thought I was the only one . I don't like the smell or taste and can't chew it either.
    I'm not partial to asparagus either, with the exception of baby asparagus right out of the garden. I mean 30 seconds from earth to mouth, warm from the sun. It is so sweet and tender and tastes a lot like fresh new peas. Mmmm mmmm good.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I didn't like asparagus when I was a child but I like it now. Liver, I've always hated. I always snuck mine under the table and fed it to the dog when I was little. My mom finally figured out what I was doing and after realizing that there was NO WAY she was going to get me to eat it, she stopped trying. That was one of the few meals my mother cooked that she made something separate for me. Lutefisk was another.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3404310;
    Lutefisk was another.
    Lutefisk? Yikes!!! They didn't try to make you eat svid, did they?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I like chicken livers, but not beef liver.

I like fresh asparagus, flavored with garlic, butter, and parmesan, baked in the oven but nothing from the cans. Oh nooooooo! I'm pretty sure frozen would be OK.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Our Moms must have all read the same page in Dr. Spock "How to Disguise Liver, so your kids will eat it" . Mine told me it was minute steak.

I was lucky--my dad wouldn't eat liver either, so I got what he was having.
    My sister always tried to sneak a little piece of it onto my plate with my cut-up hamburger patty, pork chop or whatever, to 'prove' I was just being contrary, but every time I ended up taking that bite--Ptooo! Mom finally caught on and made her stop it.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3404253;
    That's what happens when you use a grapefruit spoon--the skins don't come out with the section. But there is still an awful taste in the flesh itself, to me. I think the thing about things tasting different to different people is true; otherwise I would love asparagus like everyone else, but I can't even chew or swallow it. And no, I can't eat liver, no matter what wonderful way your momma showed you to prepare it

I like grapefruit, liver and asparagus but realize that many people don't. Something that irritates me no end is for someone to say that I'd love it if THEY cooked it. My son hunts and he and his kid love deer meat. I can't stand to smell it. Never could. I've had a dozen different people tell me that I just never had it cooked right. I'd love theirs. My question is, if I start gagging when I smell it, why would I try to eat it no matter WHO cooked it?

Something that irritates me no end is for someone to say that I'd love it if THEY cooked it
    One of the absolute stupidest arguments that I ever witnessed (and it's a little surprising that I managed to stay out of it ) was two guys nearly coming to blows over who's mother made the best meatloaf It goes without saying that neither had tasted the other's family recipe, both were arguing from ignorance, and hells bells, it's meatloaf! How wonderful could it really be???

Asparagus
    Liver:
    Lutefisk: Only if it would prevent all the demons of Hell from unleashing their fury
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread