+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4437Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Woodsprite Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I try and eat an orange and apple everyday too. Cameo apples are my favorite right now. queen b I guess we can cry together over our flowers.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am a Gala apple person! Those with peanut butter make a great dessert or answer to a sweet craving. I even bought myself an apple slicer/corer! Very worth it!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Fuji's and Braeburns are my favorites. I have a device that peels, cores and slices an apple. We have 6 apple trees on our property so in the fall I freeze a bunch of apples. I have a lot of trouble with the prep work though because of arthritis in my hands so I ended up buying the apple peeler. It works great.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I've been told that Honeycrisps are the best apples. Personally, I don't know--I can only recall eating Red- and Yellow Delicious, and Granny Smiths in pies.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've tried a Honeycrisp, and I went back to Gala. I didn't find the Honeycrisp that impressive, like I'd heard it was. I used to be a Red/Yellow Delicious addict! Apple flavored ANYTHING makes me very happy!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Personally I love Pink Ladies. And I'm not much of an apple eater, but those are fabulous.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I only buy Granny Smith's-they have a tang that I crave. I LOVE them w/peanut butter-my night snack!!

My sister taught me to eat grapefruit by individually peeling each section. The skins are bitter, but the flesh is sweet. Plus, it takes all of my lunch period to eat it that way.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3404059;
    Fuji's and Braeburns are my favorites. I have a device that peels, cores and slices an apple. We have 6 apple trees on our property so in the fall I freeze a bunch of apples. I have a lot of trouble with the prep work though because of arthritis in my hands so I ended up buying the apple peeler. It works great.
    Mine too. There is an orchard not far from us and that's where I bought my first fuji's years and years ago. Kroger had them for .99 a pound last week and I filled the fruit drawer in my refrigerator. I don't peel but slice them and eat them with thin slices of cheese.

Woodsprite Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

When I can't get the Cameo, I will eat Gala, Braeburn or Fuji. I love a crisp juicey apple. I won't eat it if its mealy. I like slices of Sharp Cheddar with mine.

+ Reply to Thread