+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

My mom can't have grapefruit because of the all the medicines she takes.

Our weather here is 73, thunderstorms and snow on the way. The peaches have already bloomed and the apple trees are just starting. I'm hopping they don't freeze.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3403298;
    My mom can't have grapefruit because of the all the medicines she takes.

Our weather here is 73, thunderstorms and snow on the way. The peaches have already bloomed and the apple trees are just starting. I'm hopping they don't freeze.
    I cannot eat grapefruit or have grapefruit juice as I am taking simvastatin.

I just hope I never have to take medicine that interacts with Chocolate !

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I ADORE Ruby Reds, but I don't get them that often, but I ca't imagine going on a "grapefruit diet". I'd probably itch to death, but I'm not allergic to them, at least!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

They are just too tart for my tastes. I've tried to eat grapefruit but I have to use so much sugar that it kind of makes the attempt to eat something healthy a worthless one.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I find white grapefruits too tart, but the Ruby Reds are good and sweet, not needing help...for me. I've read that it's not unusual for people to have diverse reactions to levels of sweeteness due to our particular tastebuds. Can't remember if it's the amout of tastebuds we have, or exactly what it is.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Even Ruby Red grapefruit taste weird to me without a ton of sugar, so I stick with oranges, which I love. I try to eat an orange and an apple every day and miss it badly if I don't get them.

OK, inthegarden-- I think you must live in my neighborhood!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3403421;
    Even Ruby Red grapefruit taste weird to me without a ton of sugar, so I stick with oranges, which I love. I try to eat an orange and an apple every day and miss it badly if I don't get them.

OK, inthegarden-- I think you must live in my neighborhood!

I'm w/ you on the oranges and apples, though I can't eat green apples because they are too tart for me. Have you ever put peanut butter on apple slices? Yum!

Winter really needs to give up the fight and go home already. We got 7 inches of snow last night (which has already half melted leaving a goopy mess all over the town). I cant wait to see the tulips pop up, they are my favorite part of spring.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3403308;
    I just hope I never have to take medicine that interacts with Chocolate !
    I about went crazy a coupple of years ago when I was taking a powerful antibiotic, and couldn't have anything with yeast, yogurt, cheese ( you have any idea how often people will try to feed you cheese when you aren't paying attention!!) and yes, chocolate. Oh, and no beer or wine either. I just about went nuts. even worse.

Have mercy--I just checked the weather for my area and it's supposed to be in the mid 20's at night and only the low to mid 40's for a high the next few days. This is the freezing spell I was warning MRD about--it always comes right around Easter. Bye-bye, bloomers...
    Last edited by queenb; 04-05-2009 at 06:20 PM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

We had the best white grapefruit tree in our backyard when I was growing up. Those things were HUGE and super sweet. I miss those things. They were probably the biggest, sweetest grapefruit I've ever eaten.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread