+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5827Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Its only natural that people drift apart in life. You and your hubby are probably in a different 'stage' of your lives than she is right now; it happens. People change. Maybe it is for the best that both you (and your husband) and your old friend don't try to force something that isn't working.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Leave it be myrosiedog and be busy whenever she calls. If she needs support, I'm sure she'll find it somewhere if not with you. Don't look back, think of yourselves.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Drop kick her. She sounds like a child who hasn't been disciplined correctly.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I'd say you've made the right decision in getting her out of your life for good. I certainly wouldn't call her and I would probably try to ignore her if she called me. You may have to confront the issue though, if she is one who doesn't take hints and continues to call. No one needs someone like that in their lives, especially not someone who is as kind and loving as you are MRD. You deserve to be treated better.

And on a side note... I've experienced dumping syndrome and believe me... it's not something that someone would ever intentionally do, no matter how badly they don't want to go to a party.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I wouldn't let my own family swear at my husband. I sure wouldn't allow someone I don't even like to get away with it. You owe her nothing.
    Sometimes I'm absolutely appalled by people. Why would someone who likes you soooo much that they really want you to be at their birthday party, turn around and be so rude? I mean, if you like me so much that you want me to come to your party no matter what kind of hardship it would be, cussing my husband is not the way to make that happen.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

I wouldn't call her either. And if she does call you I would tell her we can no longer be friends unless you apologize for your rudeness and promise to change your behavior. She will probably get the message and either be a better friend or just want to stop being friends.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf;3403054;
    I wouldn't let my own family swear at my husband. I sure wouldn't allow someone I don't even like to get away with it. You owe her nothing.
    Sometimes I'm absolutely appalled by people. Why would someone who likes you soooo much that they really want you to be at their birthday party, turn around and be so rude? I mean, if you like me so much that you want me to come to your party no matter what kind of hardship it would be, cussing my husband is not the way to make that happen.
    She drinks. And that's one of the reasons I've not been close to her lately. She's a totally different person when she drinks which is what caused the problem with my husband a few weeks ago. We both were willing to overlook a few things as she is going through a divorce and the drinking, but the drinking has finally got to me. I'm sure she had been drinking when she called the other night.

Anyway, I'm done. I have had a good excuse with school to put off having to see her lately, and I'm about to get even busier, if she decides to ever call me. You all are right, I'm not calling her. Why should I call? Well basically because she won't remember what she said to my husband on Thur. Or even if she does, I'm not calling. I don't need this right now. I feel badly for her as her situtation isn't pleasant, but until she gets the drinking under control, she's not going to have many people in her life to support her.

Lil Bit, you're right, no one would ever cause dumping intentionally. It is the WORST feeling ever. And embarrassing when it happens in public.

Thanks all. I appreciate the advice. It's a hard situtation, but I think I knew that it had to end. I can't deal with people with alcohol problems. Nor do I want too. That sounds cruel, she does need help, but until she thinks she has a drinking problem, she will never get help herself no matter what I say.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3403180;
    I can't deal with people with alcohol problems. Nor do I want too. That sounds cruel, she does need help, but until she thinks she has a drinking problem, she will never get help herself no matter what I say.

Believe me dear, it is NOT cruel. I lived with an alcoholic for 6 years and there is no rhyme nor reason to them EXCEPT to get booze and cigarettes at any cost including lying, stealing, guilt trips, promises of anything etc. You distance yourself and stay away. I'm beside you even if not physically.
    Last edited by just1paul; 04-05-2009 at 07:55 AM. Reason: changed believe spelling, I before E, except after C or when sounded as A as in Neighbor and Weigh

MRD

We're supposed to get snow flurries on Tues. I swear this weather is wacky. Everything is in full bloom here and if we get down to 32 like they are predicting it's going to kill spring like it did a couple years ago and really hurt the peaches.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Whoa!

Grapefruit Blood Clot

Grapefruit May Carry Blood Clot Risk

(April 3) - A woman nearly lost her leg after just three days on a grapefruit diet because the fruit, combined with several other factors, created a perfect storm of risk.

The woman was driving in her car when she began to feel severe pain in her leg from her back to her ankle, HealthDay reported.

"The next morning, it turned purple," said Dr. Lucinda Grande, who treated the woman at the emergency room of Providence Hospital of St. Peter Health Care in Olympia, Wash.

Doctors found a large blood clot in the woman's leg and were able to treat it. Then the patient mentioned to Grande that she'd been eating grapefruit for breakfast for three days as part of a diet. Grande did some digging and ultimately learned that the woman's grapefruit consumption completed a dangerous trifecta of risk factors for the patient, HealthDay reported.

First, the grapefruit.

Second, the 42-year-old patient took the birth control pill. Estrogen in birth control pills can increase the risk of blood clots, especially for women over 35, and grapefruit boosts the effects of estrogen.

Third, genetic testing showed the woman had a gene mutation known to increase blood clot risk.

Doctors said that eating grapefruit for most people is OK. But they warn against making any major dietary changes -- such as starting a grapefruit diet -- without checking with a physician.

The case was published in The Lancet medical journal.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread