+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5869Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3401983;
    I remember it too, i offered to take one of the dogs.

OK, Amy Lee, I'll take the bait. What dogs?
    I am tired of being confused, here lately.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The dogs that Newf would have to give up because he was going to jail I think.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I don't think that could have been any easier, huh? See?... I told you I've been confused lately!

It's just been one of those weeks....
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

So I had a fabulous blonde moment today. One of my co-workers got promoted so we were celebrating her last day with cupcakes. I was unwrapping a fluffy white one with electric blue frosting (the best kind, if you ask me) when my clumsy fingers slipped and dropped the cupcake onto my chest. Blue right over the heart...

I'm beginning to think that I should just buy some adult bibs!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3401385;
    I may have made up that whole story as an April Fools joke
    On one hand, I figured as much. On the other hand, ludicrous as that may sound, it wouldn't completely surprise me if someone tried to make it happen, especially somewhere around here.

MRD

Calilily, seems like all my clothes need to be spray and washed on the chest area as that's where ALL my food ends up.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD- Glad to know I'm not the only one!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Oh, we've long joked at work that I should be drinking from a sippy cup rather than a glass or can.

MRD

THis is a vent about friends.

I have one friend and I use the term loosely as her actions have prevented me from really doing a lot with her lately. She called on Thur. and said she was having a small party that night as it's her birthday as well as my husbands. I had to work a reception we had and told her I couldn't make it. She begged and pleaded and I said we could stop by for a short time after I got off work at 8 p.m. (this is important for later)

Well I happened to get really sick at work. I had gastric bypass and there is a side effect called "dumping syndrome" that is not pleasant and it happened to me at work. It was hotter than hades at this reception and I drank 2 glasses of heavily sweetened fruit punch and I knew better, but my other alternative was wine and I figured that wouldn't be a good idea for the moment. The sugar in the punch really got to me and caused the "dumping" which is when the stomach "dumps" everything into the intestines at once. It can cause lightheadedness, cramping, heart palpitations, diarhea, clammy sweat, etc. I've had it happen a couple of times and it's not pleasant and believe me it wasn't pleasant at work. I really thought I was going to pass out and I got really, really sick in the bathroom. So they let me go home early. My cell rings as soon as my husband got me in the car and he answered it. It was my friend wanting to know where we were. Well number one, I had told her I had to work until 8 and it was only 7:30 and when my husband told her I was really sick, she got mad and swore at him. He hung up on her. I tried to call yesterday and she wouldn't answer her phone (which is HIGLY unusual). Anyway, I'm over it. She can be a major pain in the ass and I'm tired of it. She caused a big problem several weeks ago with my husband and he didn't want to go over to her party anyway. He's told me after the other night, he never wants to see her again. I'm at that point also.
    So do I try to explain or just not call her or not answer when she calls, if she calls? I would be perfectly happy to never hear from her again. I was willing to not cut off the friendship totally as she does have some problems in her life right now and needs friends to support her, but if this is how she treats them, then I guess I shouldn't feel guilty about not being there for her.

Sorry to ramble on. It's just been kind of a sticking point and I guess I"ve answered my own question as I don't need this in my life right now.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Aaaaah, grasshopper....is it possible that you, subconsciously, drank the punch so that you would not have to go to the party that neither you nor hubby wanted to attend, anyway? Couldn't you have had water, instead? Anyway, sorry that you got so sick but it did, drastically, solve an inconvenient problem for you and hubby. Since you nor hubby ever want to see her again, I'd say just let it go, and don't call; with the vicious rudeness she displayed, I don't get why you're torn between explaining any further to her (especially since you're not interested in keeping the relationship) and doing an "I'm sorry" dance. How cool that hubby had the cojones to hang up on her when he'd put up with all he was going to put up with. Answer her call if you must, but I don't see why. She can always hire a therapist for her "problems"; they get paid more, anyway. Friendships are not, necessarily, meant to be in our lives for a lifetime. Maybe your time in her life has played out. Nothing to feel guilty about. It happens. Now, keep her on your prayer list, take off your martyr clothes and, go out dancing with your man!

+ Reply to Thread