+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5838Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I never grade my papers with red ink. I always use fun colored pens. The kids like it better. And believe it or not, red ink is harsh.

And as far as the discussion about what the little girl wrote on her arm, I don't think that's a clear sign of abuse at all. Is she seeking some sort of attention? Absolutely. I teach 7-8 year olds and they giggle about kissing and the like. Most of the time they don't understand these things as "sexual" just as something silly. What she wrote on her arm wasn't appropriate and if I were in your situation, I would notify the school's guidance counselor who is trained to identify signs of abuse and end your involvement there. I would definitely not call any form of abuse center or "report" anyone because of a phrase on the girl's arm.
    Wake up and be awesome

Another what happened to? LEO

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Thank you for your advice, Ashley. I really appreciate you guys taking the time to help me out.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3400977;
    However, the violins? That's excessive and then some.
    I may have made up that whole story as an April Fools joke
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Good one, Newf!! I knew not to buy into your little story. IIRC, didn't you bait people with another story last year??
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I took last year off; the year before that, I was ostensibly facing jail time for a series of jay-walking infractions

Be careful what you post on the internet. As a result of something that I posted here on FoRT a couple of months ago, I am facing either a $270,000 fine or jail time, and substantial legal fees. It all started with a post that I made about jay-walking on a near-daily basis. It turns out that the County Sheriff's Department monitors this website, primarily for people trying to solicit minors, but they are also authorized to act on any other information that they glean. After investigating, they determined that I've lived in this county for 25 years, which is over 9,000 infractions at $30 a pop.

As a result, you won't be seeing me here for a while, unless I'm allowed internet privleges in prison. My ex is going to look after my stuff while I'm away, but since I'll have no income (well, I guess I can earn something like $1.25 a day stamping license plates) I'll likely lose everything.

DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKES THAT I MADE!!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I remember that!!!! You've got me crying from laughing!!! Thank you! I needed that.

MRD

Shay, does the community center you volunteer at have some sort of guidelines for handling situations like the one you just experienced? I know that a lot of places that work with children, have guidelines about who and where to report "suspicious" behaviors. Since so many kids come through your center, you would think that TPTB would have something in place to deal with some of these problems and if they don't have, you should suggest they get some.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I was still laughing from that one last year when I read this years. Newfherder- you WIN the award.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3401495;
    Shay, does the community center you volunteer at have some sort of guidelines for handling situations like the one you just experienced? I know that a lot of places that work with children, have guidelines about who and where to report "suspicious" behaviors. Since so many kids come through your center, you would think that TPTB would have something in place to deal with some of these problems and if they don't have, you should suggest they get some.
    Not that I am aware of. It is a very, very small place. I'll try to ask around to see exactly what the deal is, but I doubt it. I'm trying to keep the potential for gossip to a minimum. The last time I brught up a concern, the teachers who volunteer there just "tee-hee'd", and that was it.

+ Reply to Thread