+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3400169;
    Well I am not a parent so you can discount anything I post. Something just screams abuse to me. I think this child is having problems and is reaching out in the only way she knows how.
    That was my first thought too. When a child that young is talking in that manner, they have learned it somewhere else and that somewhere else doesn't sound too good. I think you have a responsibility to report this to someone.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I have a lame question: When doing taxes online, you normally use your adjusted gross income number from the previous year as a PIN number. I cannot locate my returns and the place I went to wants to charge $13 to look it up. Is there another way to get a PIN number to file electronically?
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3400207;
    I have a lame question: When doing taxes online, you normally use your adjusted gross income number from the previous year as a PIN number. I cannot locate my returns and the place I went to wants to charge $13 to look it up. Is there another way to get a PIN number to file electronically?
    When I filed my sons taxes I called the IRS number and got it there. You may have to wait on hold a bit though.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Oh goody! The never ending land of hold! Thanks Lil Bit!
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

She may have seen someone else do the same thing and the response that person got made her feel uncomfortable. So she went to someone that she admired , respected and trusted to see if she was right about the way it made her feel. No its not right.....she washed it off. You went a step futher and explained why it wasn't right. She maybe curious about herself and boys and doesn't have anyone to confide in.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3400169;
    Well I am not a parent so you can discount anything I post. Something just screams abuse to me. I think this child is having problems and is reaching out in the only way she knows how.
    That was absolutely my first thought too. And I have a specific type of abuse in mind. I really feel for this little girl. A nine year old shouldn't even be thinking of such things. Sounds to me like she has either seen too much, heard too much or has first hand knowledge.

Shay,I'm glad that you are there and observing her behavior.

Either she's a victim of abuse, or she wants attention.
    We had a similar instance years ago. Girl was roughly the same age and was starved for attention.
    Either way, I'd advise the school or Protective Services.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Like somebody mentioned earlier, upthread, there is a Mariah Carey song/video called "Touch My Body". I just watched the video, and I'm going to check out the lyrics, in a bit. This does say to me that what kids watch/listen to is going unchecked. I remember I used to stay on my son about what he listened to, in my presence, and what he watched was definitely monitored. I do understand that you can't monitor everything because they are not with you 24/7, but you really need to instill in them what is acceptable (in your opinion) and what is not.

I guess it's good that she seems to care what I think.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3400521;
    Like somebody mentioned earlier, upthread, there is a Mariah Carey song/video called "Touch My Body". I just watched the video, and I'm going to check out the lyrics, in a bit. This does say to me that what kids watch/listen to is going unchecked. I remember I used to stay on my son about what he listened to, in my presence, and what he watched was definitely monitored. I do understand that you can't monitor everything because they are not with you 24/7, but you really need to instill in them what is acceptable (in your opinion) and what is not.

I guess it's good that she seems to care what I think.

And back when, people thought Dean Martin singing "SWAY" was risque...

When marimba rhythms start to play
    Dance with me, make me sway
    Like a lazy ocean hugs the shore
    Hold me close, sway me more

Like a flower bending in the breeze
    Bend with me, sway with ease
    When we dance you have a way with me
    Stay with me, sway with me

Other dancers may be on the floor
    Dear, but my eyes will see only you
    Only you have the magic technique
    When we sway I go weak

I can hear the sounds of violins
    Long before it begins
    Make me thrill as only you know how
    Sway me smooth, sway me now

Other dancers may be on the floor
    Dear, but my eyes will see only you
    Only you have the magic technique
    When we sway I go weak

I can hear the sounds of violins
    Long before it begins
    Make me thrill as only you know how
    Sway me smooth, sway me now
    You know how
    Sway me smooth, sway me no

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3399936;
    It was in the local paper last week.

One of my HS English teachers used green ink to grade, partly to differentiate her commments from those of her lay reader, and partly because she had seen a sea of red ink in her day. Sort of like my first piano teacher refusing to teach Chopsticks after the gazillionth time.
    Mine too, and our whole class saw a sea of green ink every time we got a paper back.

But plenty of my teachers back in high school graded in other colors, and I heard the red ink being too harsh thing more than once. Of course, when I went to college and worked as a grader, I was all about the red pen.

However, the violins? That's excessive and then some.

+ Reply to Thread