+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6539Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3399066;
    gabriel, that is an absolutely adorable pic of your kitty!!
    I Thank You, Joey Thanks You. That is what he does if he thinks I am going to keep him from taking a real nap.

He is adorable!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3399118;
    He is adorable!
    AW SHUCKS! follow up to the Animal lovers thread. Maybe crazy Daddy will post some old and new pictures.
    Last edited by just1paul; 03-31-2009 at 09:04 PM. Reason: corrected spelling of Daddy from dady... dady???

Definately will do that! Have you ever seen those LOL cats? That picture reminds me of them.

MRD

"..and God Bless Daddy and the people that make my kitty food. Amen."
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3398446;
    April Fools day is tomorrow. Don't get caught!
    I only wish this was an April Fools Day prank . . .

Last week I read in the local small-town newspaper that the School Board is up to their usual BS. One of them found a study that says that the bells that mark the beginning and end of classes are harmful to students with ADD (and possibly the trigger for borderline cases ) so now they have mandated that the bells be silenced and instead, they have recruited violinists from the school band to walk the halls and to play (softly!) at the beginning and end of each class

I guess the bright side is that the only two violin teachers giving private lessons in the area are now fully employed
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I need advice about a young lady that comes to the community center where I tutor.

She is a very intelligent 9-10 year old who has become somewhat attached to me. Cute as a button, and really into the boys. Today, she pushed up the arm of her shirt to show me what she had written on her arm; "Touch My Body!!!" I told her that that was unacceptable and inappropriate. She had also told another little boy in the center (the same age group) that she wanted another little boy (whom she has professed a huge crush on) to touch her body. She willingly admitted this. The crushee, who is also a little friend of mine, came to me and told me the same thing. He told me more than once, one of the times being within earshot of the little girl, and she just smiled and nodded, and seemed to be very proud of it!

I told her that if I were her mother that she would be in serious trouble with me. She asked if that meant that she'd be grounded, and I told her, "Most definitely!" I talked to her about respecting herself and her body. I told her to go wash that off her arm, and she did so immediately. She even brought me the soapy towel to help her wash it off. We got most of it off.

Where do I go from here??? Feel free to poll some of your friends...the more the merrier!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Shay-my opinon..sounds like the little girl seriously needs some attention that maybe she isn't getting from her parents? Do you know anything about her home life?

Newf-Sounds rather over the top to me.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Unfortunately, I know nothing about her home life. I was wondering if her dad was involved in her life, which can be such an important relationship for little girls when it comes to dealing with boys. She's had a crush on this little boy for many weeks; he is aware of it, and frequently talks about it. The boy actually seemed a little freaked out by what she said to him. I was very surprised that he even told me about it.

I think that this points to one of the problems of having all women working at the center. There was one guy about 2 years ago, but he left due to his paid position being eliminated, and he needed the extra money. He would have been the perfect person to talk to about this. Married man, high school teacher, with a daughter in grade school, and a son. Good rapport with the kids, and the kids really respected him.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Wow... that is pretty intense. If she is going after attention that way I would guess that she may be not be getting some elsewhere in her life. It sounds like she looks up to you so maybe you can share a positive experience that you have had in a relationship or in your dating life. Give her something to look foward to in her future (hopefully at least 5+ years) dating life. It sounds like she needs to stop watching Mariah Carey videos...

It breaks my heart a little bit to think of kids so young thinking that something like that is normal and 'okay'.

+ Reply to Thread