+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6987Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3395416;
    I'm sorry, I'm not laughing at you. Just the words "massive snow" and then "6 inches" in the next sentence. Where are you that 6" is massive snow? I don't even shovel for that! I just drive up and down the driveway a few times to pack it down. Don't worry, this time of year it won't last.
    HEH HEH - that 4-8 that everyone here is worrying about (idiots this is Wisconsin- what do you want?) has me thinking HICCUP.

I do have to admit, I'd be rankled by 6" of snow right now. We just had our first crocuses bloom today. Yea!
    Count your blessings!

MRD

OK, so have decided that since world peace seems unachievable, I will settle for peace in my immediate vicinity. Like in a 3 foot radius of where ever I happen to be. So can I please have that?????
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3395500;
    OK, so have decided that since world peace seems unachievable, I will settle for peace in my immediate vicinity. Like in a 3 foot radius of where ever I happen to be. So can I please have that?????
    Not as long as you have a teenager in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3395500;

Mmmhmm. Wait until she's 21 or 22.

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3395361;
    Anyone going to get hit with this massive snow they are predicting? They are saying 6 inches for us which would be the most snow we've had all winter. Every single storm has missed us this year.
    The sleet has been unrelenting today in south-central Kansas I was mapping a creek when it started, and I had to stay out in it for darn-near two hours to finish what I was doing. By the time we were done, the optics on the instrument were virtually opaque from the accumulated ice. My beard ice was most impressive, but I couldn't get a photo

It took me twice as long as normal (an hour v 30 minutes) to get home from my second job tonight, and if the predicted 8-12" of snow materializes, I doubt that I'll even be able to find my driveway, let alone go in to work tomorrow.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD, go to gardenandgun.com and you can subscribe right there!

Up here we also would laugh about a 6-inch snowfall, and wouldn't bother shoveling either. Although, after hitting 60 today, it would just be too cruel to get anymore snow. Our snowbanks have really melted a lot in the past week or so.

I have been up to my parents' place in the ADKs a lot this week, (putting a shine on the place for when they return tomorrow) and snow is still measured in feet up there. The lake is still frozen, but I wouldn't go snowmobiling on it and all the shanties had to be off the lake by last weekend. This may sound totally nuts, but they "snowbird" in NJ during the winter months! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3395627;

Up here we also would laugh about a 6-inch snowfall, and wouldn't bother shoveling either. Although, after hitting 60 today, it would just be too cruel to get anymore snow. Our snowbanks have really melted a lot in the past week or so.
    I was telling my daughter (who is at school in Miami) today that I was going to be putting all the boots and boards in the basement this weekend and she is positive that I've put a jinx on our entire area by doing so. Sorry MamaC.

No sweat, Bunny. Even the weatherboys on tv still say, "You know, it's not unheard of for us to still get a decent snowfall this late in the season."

I can remember when my older daughter made her Communion in May....she had her little white dress and veil, all set to go. We woke up that morning to a couple of inches of snow! Same thing happened the day after her Junior Prom, which was also held in May.

Winter is officially over when the snow blower moves out of the garage and goes into the shed and the riding mower gets moved out of the shed and goes into the garage.

I am also glad that this week, the town crew came down our street to finally chip all the downed limbs and branches from that icestorm we had in December. For the past couple of weekends, I have been awakened every Sat. and Sun. to the sound of chainsaws all over the place. Hopefully, I get to sleep in tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3395641;
    I am also glad that this week, the town crew came down our street to finally chip all the downed limbs and branches from that icestorm we had in December. For the past couple of weekends, I have been awakened every Sat. and Sun. to the sound of chainsaws all over the place. Hopefully, I get to sleep in tomorrow!
    Our town's road crew seems to think that we're in the clear as they've been cleaning the sand from the streets this past week. They don't usually do that until well after Easter.

+ Reply to Thread