+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7285Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Somehow, I don't see this as being about education levels or financial status.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyHere;3394982;
    There are many avid hunters, myself included, who, have a college degree, own a home and have a very healthy household income.
    Well, since you mentioned it (and I was trying to just let it pass) I was feeling a little like hunters were being classified as lower class or something here. Wonder what the reaction would have been if the magazine was named Garden & Golf?

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3394887;
    Oh, you guys are too funny. In fact the feed store is down the street from me and I never thought to go look in there. I've been wanting to go in there anyway and check out the stuff for spring.

Kind of on topic, but I've been reading a book about The South and politics for class and a lot of the stuff I've been reading makes so much sense and why the South is always the butt of jokes and the rest of the country look down on us, etc., and why that is erroneous thinking from those outside the South, so look out, I am getting my arguments ready for the next time!
    I never heard of buying magazines at a feed store but if they don't have it, it's available at Barnes and Noble. I'm going to pick one up this weekend and then will probably subscribe.

MRD

None of the book stores here carry it. Not B&N or the others. It's published in this state, which is why I find it odd that I can't buy it off the rack here.

All I"ll say about the hunting issue is that that's the problem with stereotypes, while they usually have a grain of truth in them, they are for the most part wrong.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3395286;
    None of the book stores here carry it. Not B&N or the others. It's published in this state, which is why I find it odd that I can't buy it off the rack here.

All I"ll say about the hunting issue is that that's the problem with stereotypes, while they usually have a grain of truth in them, they are for the most part wrong.

Well put. I've always lived in big, metropolitan areas and I do enjoy hearing about things in areas that may be different from my own.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Personally I live in a state where hunting as a HUGE part of our economy. Every year it is the largest reason people actually come here. If you have a Cabella's in your area I would guess that you could probably find the magazine there; ours has a whole rack of everything you can imagine.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Anyone going to get hit with this massive snow they are predicting? They are saying 6 inches for us which would be the most snow we've had all winter. Every single storm has missed us this year.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Well, it's not cold enough for snow here, but we've had about 4 inches of rain in the last day or so, and they expect another 3 early tomorrow morning and through the day--I'm glad I live on a hill. It's all coming from out your way, but is just water by the time it gets here.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3395361;
    Anyone going to get hit with this massive snow they are predicting? They are saying 6 inches for us which would be the most snow we've had all winter. Every single storm has missed us this year.
    Supposedly 4-8 inches coming here Saturday night/Sunday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3395361;
    I'm sorry, I'm not laughing at you. Just the words "massive snow" and then "6 inches" in the next sentence. Where are you that 6" is massive snow? I don't even shovel for that! I just drive up and down the driveway a few times to pack it down. Don't worry, this time of year it won't last.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread