+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6237Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

This thread is making me laugh. My mother and I both if we don't feel well we are just LEAVE ME ALONE. My Mom says my Dad is always wanting something. My mom eats Campbells chicken noodle soup and so do I but with hot sauce in it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am irritable when I'm sick, and I have very low tolerance for going to the doctor. Unfortunately, they can be a necessary evil. My tolerance runs out when I know what's wrong with me and I know what I need, but I've got to get out of my sick bed/up off my sick arse and go see them.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3392917;
    How do you screw up scrambled eggs? I often screw up fried eggs which then become scrambled eggs, but I don't think I never knew how to cook scrambled eggs. In fact, that's the first thing my child ever cooked and did it without my knowledge.
    I'm sorry Doxie, but after meeting Mr. Doxie, I just have to laugh at this one.

I either get mashed potatos (childhood comfort food), grits or wonton soup when I'm sick. The wonton soup has only been in the last few years.

My husband will NOT go to the doctor, will ignore most illness, but when he does get sick, he is the most pitiful thing you ever heard. It's actually kind of annoying. I said for sickness and in health and I'll do both, but please don't whine. I don't do whining. And I don't recall that in the wedding vows either. So I kind of get both from him. Ignore the illness until it's so bad that he is the most pitiful thing you ever saw.
    LOL - he screws up ALL eggs. I only eat them scrambled or boiled (deviled eggs or egg salad). Mr. Doxie has made some nasty messes while trying to poach and fry eggs for himself too. Burned up egg smell is NOT pleasant.

He is good at making wonton soup though. I know I've been promising that recipe to you forever and I am going to kick Mr. Doxie's butt into gear when he gets home and make him send it to you. It is SO good!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3393162;
    I am irritable when I'm sick, and I have very low tolerance for going to the doctor. Unfortunately, they can be a necessary evil. My tolerance runs out when I know what's wrong with me and I know what I need, but I've got to get out of my sick bed/up off my sick arse and go see them.
    The main thing I hate about going to the dr. is having to sit around in the waiting room for an hour with magazines that have only been touched by sick people. Doctor's office waiting rooms seriously give me an anxiety attack for some reason.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Take your own book!! That always assures me a short wait before I'm called back.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

That's a good idea! I don't know why I've never thought of it.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3393370;
    Take your own book!! That always assures me a short wait before I'm called back.
    I don't sit in doctor's offices much but I always carry a book with me wherever I go. I just hate to get interested in an article and have to leave the magazine behind. Plus, I don't want to touch the nasty sick magazines either.

I hate magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3393423;
    I hate magazines.

I don't know why, but this cracked me up. I mean I can understand not liking tabloid magazine, or news magazine, but all magazines? That's like saying I hate all movies or tv to me, lol.

MRD

I take a book and my ipod now so people will not talk to me in the doctor's office. After the conversation that was forced on me about being at the doctor because of a court order and the other one where her bowel exploded, I now take the ipod and plug up my ears. Both times previously I had my nose in my book and still got forced into a conversation. Albiet they were both fairly fascinating in a weird way, but still. I hate dr. waiting rooms.

Well I can't cook fried eggs or omelets well, Doxie, or pancakes or rice. But you are right burned eggs smell horrible.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread