+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5807Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3392497;
    Lol, your husband likes to talk about his poor health and mine likes to pretend it isn't happening! He will change the subject every time I bring something up.... out of sight out of mind for him!
    THat's mine too. Maybe growing up with the organ recital had something to do with his denial of health problems.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

if they had a growth on their heads they would just say it's their new friend!!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

It's always been my experience that men are either 1 of 2 extremes.
    The first seems to want to walllow in self pity, woe is me, honey, I'm soooooo sick.
    The second will refuse to see a doctor - just like they refuse any directions on the road - unless you take a shotgun to them.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Men: Gotta love them or leave them. I love him and I'll stick by his ridiculous notions for the time being!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

To be honest, I havent dated much in my life but the last guy I dated was as stubborn as a mule! When he got sick it was always Campbell's Chicken soup. Campbell's Chicken Soup could cure cancer as far as he was concerned.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

It is Jewish penicillin after all Cali!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Lol! I'd never heard that, maybe I should buy a case of it for myself!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Most of us, when sick, will go for the comfort foods we had when we were kids.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3392795;
    Most of us, when sick, will go for the comfort foods we had when we were kids.
    About this time last year I was deathly ill with the worst stomach/gastro disease that I have ever had. I really thoght I might be a goner. At one point, my mother called to check on me and she told Mr. Doxie that I always ate plain scrambled eggs when I was sick as a child. He (believe it or not) had never cooked scrambled eggs before.... His first attempt smelled up the entire house and had to be thrown out. His second attempt sent me running for the "facilities" after looking at it. He finally got it right though and he made me scrambled eggs every day for about a week

My other favorite comfort food (NOT if stomach upset is involved) is Campbell's Split Pea and Ham soup. It must be Campbell's.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

How do you screw up scrambled eggs? I often screw up fried eggs which then become scrambled eggs, but I don't think I never knew how to cook scrambled eggs. In fact, that's the first thing my child ever cooked and did it without my knowledge.
    I'm sorry Doxie, but after meeting Mr. Doxie, I just have to laugh at this one.

I either get mashed potatos (childhood comfort food), grits or wonton soup when I'm sick. The wonton soup has only been in the last few years.

My husband will NOT go to the doctor, will ignore most illness, but when he does get sick, he is the most pitiful thing you ever heard. It's actually kind of annoying. I said for sickness and in health and I'll do both, but please don't whine. I don't do whining. And I don't recall that in the wedding vows either. So I kind of get both from him. Ignore the illness until it's so bad that he is the most pitiful thing you ever saw.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread