+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5887Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3392075;
    Ahhhh -- the organ recital! Sounds like my in-laws' parties.
    Ellen, you stole that from me!!!! That's what I used to call my MIL's visits.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I had never heard it before and I'm cracking up here. Thanks so much. I needed that.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3392303;
    I had never heard it before and I'm cracking up here. Thanks so much. I needed that.
    And after mine got through her own organ recital, she then started on all the relatives various illnesses. I gave my husband explicit instructions that he was not to say a word to her about any illness or operation I had as I didn't want it going out on the relative organ hotline. Because besides the recital, you also got her "expert" opinion on how wrong all the doctors were as well. I wasn't aware she even had a medical degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3392303;
    I first saw the term "organ recital" in Sam Levenson's Everything But Money (published in 1966), but I have no idea if it is original to him.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3392314;
    I first read it in Sam Levenson's Everything But Money (published in 1966), but I have no idea if it is original to him.
    THere is nothing new under the sun.

(I don't remember who said that first either. )

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Probably Shakespeare or one of his dusty buddies?

I hate it when something gets stuck in my head and I can't move on. Here is what I just learned:

Nothing is new under the sun, Ecclesiastes 1:9 - The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

See? A dusty biblical reference!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 03-25-2009 at 12:10 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3391445;
    Chin up Amy. I have a job and we didn't get any sort of merit increases this year. Whoo-hoo the cost of living is skyrocketing and we aren't going to be able to keep up. Mexico anyone? We can start a compound and live off the land...
    Mexico? I don't know. I already get my tamales locally, and even though i know the language i prefer my eastern time zone.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3391501;
    I'll begin packing if you're serious. If you're just kidding, I'll be annoyed that I'm all packed and have nowhere to go.

Well you might have to wait about 5 years but yes, we are serious. No sense in sitting around here waiting for social security to not be available to us when we retire. Hubby was born here but his parents are from Mexico so he's a dual citizen. We can own land there without fear of it being taken from the banks. When we finally head down there to search out where we want to settle, I'll post pictures and everyone will be welcome. A few hours of work each day, long walks on the beach and plenty of drinks in the sun!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3392310;
    And after mine got through her own organ recital, she then started on all the relatives various illnesses. I gave my husband explicit instructions that he was not to say a word to her about any illness or operation I had as I didn't want it going out on the relative organ hotline. Because besides the recital, you also got her "expert" opinion on how wrong all the doctors were as well. I wasn't aware she even had a medical degree.
    I have to tell this. My husband absolutely loves to discuss his poor health. Doesn't matter if he knows the person or not. When I was in the hospital he was there daily and everyone who walked in the room got a run down on his ailments, what his parents died from and the whole bit. If my sons had been there they would have ridden him out of there on a rail. They just hate that he does that.

Newf, I well remember seeing Sam Levinson on tv and remember how funny he was.

Lol, your husband likes to talk about his poor health and mine likes to pretend it isn't happening! He will change the subject every time I bring something up.... out of sight out of mind for him!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread