+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7198Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

  1. #12541
    Pineapple! ClosetRTWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Groovin' with my human boom box
    Posts
    4,717

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Mimzy;3391011;
    We are getting this also. On home and cells. It is making me crazy I haven't been able to make then stop. Have even gone through all the steps and on hold hoping to get to a person but then after a long time just get dropped.
    If you have any luck making them stop - let me know how - Thanks!
    I wonder if it is a regional thing? My parents live in the southwest and they get these car warranty calls all the time. I, in the midwest, have never gotten them. Now I need to go find some wood to knock on....

  2. #12542
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    I learned a new word today.

    Ombrophobia - it is the fear of getting rained on!

    There are really people out here with this problem??
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  3. #12543
    Over and Out! Bunny555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,368

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3391198;
    I learned a new word today.

    Ombrophobia - it is the fear of getting rained on!

    There are really people out here with this problem??
    Back in my grammar school days there was a boy in my class who never came to school when it rained. I wonder whatever became of him.

  4. #12544
    FORT Fogey Muduh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,303

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3390464;
    That must just be among women, since real men don't go to the doctor unless they have detached body parts that not even duct tape can keep in place.
    The occasional woman feels the same. I spent a week in the hospital in January and that's the first time I've seen a doctor in probably twenty five years. I'm a big fan of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". To me the expression "preventive medicine" is just another way of saying keep those suckers in business. I occasionally go to the doctor with my husband (he loves going) and I sit there in the office and see all the old gals come in dressed to the teeth and wearing enough makeup to start their own cosmetics counter and I think anyone who feels like doing all that obviously doesn't need to be hanging in the doctor's office. Then they get to discussing their ailments and comparing their surgery scars and I have to go to the car and read my book.

  5. #12545
    FORT Fan abovethefray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Posts
    17

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Mimzy;3391011;
    We are getting this also. On home and cells. It is making me crazy I haven't been able to make then stop. Have even gone through all the steps and on hold hoping to get to a person but then after a long time just get dropped.
    If you have any luck making them stop - let me know how - Thanks!
    Just last week my son suggested I update my cell number on the "Do not call list" I personally had not really been having problems, but did it just as a precautionary measure. If you want to give it a try the number is: 888-382-1222. There are prompts, really easy, even for a dinosaur like me!

  6. #12546
    FORT Fogey Lil Bit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,576

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3391179;
    I wonder if it is a regional thing? My parents live in the southwest and they get these car warranty calls all the time. I, in the midwest, have never gotten them. Now I need to go find some wood to knock on....
    I live in the midwest and I get them all the time. You must just be lucky enough to have missed being on their calling list.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

  7. #12547
    Pineapple! ClosetRTWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Groovin' with my human boom box
    Posts
    4,717

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3391232;
    I live in the midwest and I get them all the time. You must just be lucky enough to have missed being on their calling list.
    In that case I'll cross my fingers and hope my luck continues!!!

  8. #12548
    Best Buddies Gutmutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Nap Time
    Posts
    13,533

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3391200;
    Back in my grammar school days there was a boy in my class who never came to school when it rained. I wonder whatever became of him.
    He moved to Seattle.
    Count your blessings!

  9. #12549
    FORT Fogey livin4reality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Lawrence KS
    Posts
    2,589

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3391308;
    He moved to Seattle.


    I don't like to have my face rained on. Something about just bugs me.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

    Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

  10. #12550
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    I can understand being bugged, but being phobic??? Whoa........
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.