+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I have a junk email account that I give out whenever I'm forced to. I almost never check it though.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3390283;
    The key word here is "benefits". I can understand hanging in there if you are, indeed, getting benefits.
    This is true. It's just sad that at the end of the day you feel like you've compromised part of your integrity for those benefits. I guess I can sympathise where the people who work in call centers and banks and other businesses who solicit because I've been there. I can assure you that 99.98% of them wouldn't do that particular job if there was another choice out there.

I agree with everyone though, get off the call lists and call your own banks to get put on their personal 'do not call' lists because that will stop them from giving your number to their affiliates (like car insurance agencies and other like businesses that they might do business with).

Im in a bit of a ranty temper tantrum mood. My boss started out in my company at the same time that I did, and yet she now makes a little over twice as much as I do. Mostly she just sticks her nose up every higher up's bum and kisses their toes until she gets what she wants. I, a rebel by birth, refuse to kiss no matter the 'benefits'. She is driving me insane and I have no idea how to cope with my personal feelings for her at work when all I really want to too is flip her the bird and walk out. She is constantly trying to be 'buddies' with me and has actually invited herself to come over and hang out at my place for a movie sometime. Anyone have any advice as to how I get her off my back yet not make things worse at work?

Rant over... thanks for the ear... or eyes...
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

All I have to say is remember karma baby karma.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3390349;
    I just read where fewer people are going to the doctor. Mostly due to loss of benefits with jobs, but also even a $30 copay is hurting pocketbooks these days.
    That must just be among women, since real men don't go to the doctor unless they have detached body parts that not even duct tape can keep in place.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3390410;
    I have a junk email account that I give out whenever I'm forced to. I almost never check it though.
    same here.
    and when asked for a phone number, i give them 617-861-9507. check out Rejection Hotline: 617-861-3962 - World-Famous Rejection Phone Line Service for more numbers.

i don't have a landline and i get no unsolicited calls on my cell because i never give it out.

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3390196;
    I've been getting a lot of calls lately too. Automated calls, one from someone who says, "This is your last chance to lower your credit card rate." And another telling me that my auto warranty is about to expire. Since the 3 vehicles we own are a 1994 Ford Ranger, a 2002 Bonneville with 105,000 miles on it and a 2006 Ford F250 that was a salvage title when we bought it, hence no warranty allowed on that, I know the calls are just a scam trying to sell me something. I do wish I knew how to stop them. My husband has been getting them on his cell too.
    We are getting this also. On home and cells. It is making me crazy I haven't been able to make then stop. Have even gone through all the steps and on hold hoping to get to a person but then after a long time just get dropped.
    If you have any luck making them stop - let me know how - Thanks!

MRD

Calilily, just tell her that you make it a policy not to hang out with people from work as in your experience it always leads to problems and you'd like to keep a good working relationship with her and not jeopardize it by hanging out.

I always give out Jenny's number when asked for my phone number: YOu know 867-5309. I also utitlize a "junk" email account.

Newf, that has to be right as men just do NOT go to the doctor unless it was my dad who went for every little thing. I mean, you said it, that's what duct tape is for.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Calilily - I missed the part of your post about the "buddy" syndrome boss. Mine was the same way and sometimes even hints that he wants to be "pals" with me & my staff. Well - we are working class, he is above that and he has no clue about real life in our world. I just began like myrosiedog said by saying I don't mix work and personal otherwise it gets muddled.

I just say I have a busy life. I could,.....if I wanted to!

Thanks, I am definately going to have to do something! Yestarday she scheduled a meeting just so we could 'catch up'

Sigh... why cant we all have a million dollars and follow our childhood dreams?
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

+ Reply to Thread