+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6756Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I've been getting a lot of calls lately too. Automated calls, one from someone who says, "This is your last chance to lower your credit card rate." And another telling me that my auto warranty is about to expire. Since the 3 vehicles we own are a 1994 Ford Ranger, a 2002 Bonneville with 105,000 miles on it and a 2006 Ford F250 that was a salvage title when we bought it, hence no warranty allowed on that, I know the calls are just a scam trying to sell me something. I do wish I knew how to stop them. My husband has been getting them on his cell too.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Lil Bit, don't call the numbers back. They are routed and it just hangs up. The calls are basically useless because most of the time it's just the recording and there's no way to reach anyone. I hope they catch these people and fine them or give them jail time.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I never answer a call to my phones from numbers that I don't recognize. If it's important, and it's somebody that I know, they will leave a message. On my cell, I usually hit the "Ignore" button so that it will stop ringing. I've noticed that a lot of times, businesses have employees using local cell phone numbers, too. Fool me once, yada, yada, yada......

Once again, since I updated the Do Not Call registry, my calls have dropped again. Wonder why it seemed to take my update to get the calls to go away?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Well I found out from my provider that even if you "reject" the phone call from these damn people, if it goes to voice mail, it is considered a call and the minutes are logged in your time. Stupid jerks! (can you tell I hate these telemarketers??) I work for a marketing company. Per legal, we had to buy a software that flags all phone numbers based on their prefix if they are a cell phone. We do this so the vendors won't call those numbers.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Depending on the company you have to be REALLY careful too because if you call them for something even if you have already requested a 'No Solicitation' for yourself they can still ask you if they can 'tell you about something that could help with your account' and then if you say yes they can solicit you on that call. I work for a company that I am sorry to say I refurse to personally do business with because of some of their horrible and disrespectful methods of soliciting customers but unfortunately I've been here for so long that I can't get equal pay or benefits anywhere else if I were to quit. :S It's just sad how large corporate businesses operate these days.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The key word here is "benefits". I can understand hanging in there if you are, indeed, getting benefits.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think with the job market the way it is right now, we are fairly grateful for the jobs we have. My husband has been out of work for years now and slowly all of the savings are dwindling down. I have 2 jobs now so we're doing ok but I don't have him on my benefits as I can barely afford myself and my son.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

I just read where fewer people are going to the doctor. Mostly due to loss of benefits with jobs, but also even a $30 copay is hurting pocketbooks these days.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I have to be dying before I go to the doctor and I have pretty good insurance. I hate going into a place where there are actually sick people if I'm not that sick. I'm guaranteed to get an illness before I leave.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3390138;
    From the Do-not-Call website...
    Your registration will not expire. Telephone numbers placed on the National Do Not Call Registry will remain on it permanently due to the Do-Not-Call Improvement Act of 2007, which became law in February 2008.

I still wish it wasn't legal for stores to call with "special offers' after you've done business with them. I usually just tell them I don't have a phone--if they get persistant, I'll act like I'm going to just leave, and they suddenly figure out how to make the sale with no phone number.
    I also lie about the telephone number. And some ask if you have an email address. My husband always puts me on the spot by turning and asking me what "our" email address is. I've asked him sooo many times not to do that and the last couple of times he's asked I've replied that "you" don't have one and I don't want to be bothered. No doubt I come off as a b*tch to the cashier but if it gets him to stop, it's worth it.

+ Reply to Thread