+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6170Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3388853;
    Now that's one stop shopping. The liquor stores in our area don't sell anything other than liquor and cigarettes. I can't imagine getting ice-cream in there too!
    This particular liquor store next to my apartment complex doesn't sell cigarettes or other tobacco products -- which is nice, as our complex is smoke-free. The store has a surprisingly good wine selection at decent, Trader Joe-like prices; a mini-mart with ice, food, snack, and beverage basics; and two ice cream cases with a variety of novelties as well as popular flavors of Haagen-Dazs and Ben and Jerry's. And an ATM, photocopier, and greeting cards! This place has come in quite handy for those impromptu dinner invitations over to our home -- and I don't have to wade through the usual cloud of smoke that's often outside of other liquor stores!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I live near a "liquor mart" that carries large supplies of alcohols, party foods, greeting cards. The cool thing about this store is that if you buy a greeting card, they GIVE you a first-class stamp with which to mail your card! No ice cream, though.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3388903;
    We have them at Taco Johns also. Are you from the mid-west Sherri?

Muduh-How about telling them that NEXT time we try another place?
    We did discuss that and agreed that we would go to a little barbecue joint out here next time. I only ordered biscuits and gravy this morning and a bigger mess I've never seen. To begin with, I never eat biscuits out because they always have that big wad of dough in the middle. I like thin biscuits because the "crust" is all I like. These had no crust because they were just flabby and gross. The gravy was in a little bowl and the spoon stood up in it. It was the consistency of mashed potatoes. I put a little blob of the gravy on both halves of the one biscuit and drank a cup of decaf and that's all I ate. I left about as hungry as when I went in. I am definitely NOT doing that again. I like the couple and we can surely get together under more inviting circumstances. I might even break down and cook for them.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

they sell chocotacos at our taco bell restaurants ... they're YUMMY.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Noticed a slight upswing in phone calls from solicitors. Got aggravated; checked on my "Do Not Call Registry" status. Mine had expired in August 2008!!!

You might want to check your status!

https://www.donotcall.gov/
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Sherri;3388753;
    I don't know about Taco Bell, but Taco Johns has them. They have sold them for years and yes they are wonderful!
    Ooooh. I live in the midwest (at the moment) and I'm sure there are some Taco Johns in my town. I don't think I have ever actually been to one, but I may have to plot a special trip now!!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3390113;
    Noticed a slight upswing in phone calls from solicitors. Got aggravated; checked on my "Do Not Call Registry" status. Mine had expired in August 2008!!!

You might want to check your status!

https://www.donotcall.gov/
    How did you know it expired?
    I checked and they sent me an e-mail verifying that I had registered in 2003 and said that most telemarketers would be required to stop calling me with 31 days of that date. It didn't say anything about an expiration date...?

I think it's only good for 5 years. I don't remember the rules though. I just recently put my phone on it because of those darn Extended Warranty scammers. I guess the goverment is getting involved in that whole scam because they are mostly calling cell phones which is illegal now because it costs money for someone to take calls on cells. It will be interesting to see what comes of that whole warranty thing.
    Yup, with donuts!!

From the Do-not-Call website...
    Your registration will not expire. Telephone numbers placed on the National Do Not Call Registry will remain on it permanently due to the Do-Not-Call Improvement Act of 2007, which became law in February 2008.

I still wish it wasn't legal for stores to call with "special offers' after you've done business with them. I usually just tell them I don't have a phone--if they get persistant, I'll act like I'm going to just leave, and they suddenly figure out how to make the sale with no phone number.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3390138;
    I still wish it wasn't legal for stores to call with "special offers' after you've done business with them. I usually just tell them I don't have a phone--if they get persistant, I'll act like I'm going to just leave, and they suddenly figure out how to make the sale with no phone number.
    Thx for the info queenb - I started to look at the customer info, but I must not have looked hard enough!

I can't say that I have ever had a business call me like this. Other than credit card companies - and I truly detest those calls. I do wish I could opt out of "special deals" from credit card companies!! They always have some kind of credit monitoring or travel offerings that they want to give me for "free on a trial basis" with the hope that I will forget about it and let them continue to charge my account.

+ Reply to Thread