+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7285Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3383607;
    From what little news is able to get out of Atlanta via shortwave radio and from what can be discerned from the satellite imagery, you three make General Sherman seem like an amiable Southern gentleman. Did you really moon the National Guard as you raced out of town??
    Interestingly enough and true, the Army had arrived at the hotel as we were leaving.

We had a fun time. Went to the Wide World of Coke. Pretty amazing place, except for the tastings of coke products from around the world. Doxies husband said it was like a ghetto wine tasting. Some of that stuff was nasty. I thought Doxie's idea of a Wide World of Jim Beam next to coke would have been better.

We had a lot of fun. Talked for hours and went to the Varsity, an Atlanta institution, played trivia, ate, had fun, ate, had fun, ate some more.
    Last edited by MRD; 03-16-2009 at 02:11 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Yep--we have to do it again, though, because the aquarium was too full for us to go. I didn't know about spring break, the SEC crowd with nothing to do mid-day, and with it being a weekend all at the same time-- do over, please!
    We also were in second place in Trivia at half time, but they were asking lots of NCAA Basketball questions due to the SEC being in town, and we went down in flames during the second half of the game. We wanted to do-over the trivia game too, but there's only one per night. So I guess we will have to do that again too.
    I have to thank everyone again--I took a wheelchair as my foot is cast in such a weird position that I can't walk very far at all on crutches without being worn out-- but I got to ride in style in a wheelchair. "I get by with a little help from my friends"
    I'm much happier after my much needed break

Oh, and look at BooBoo's dress--St Patty's party, anyone?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I'm so glad y'all had such a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3384134;
    Yep--we have to do it again, though, because the aquarium was too full for us to go. I didn't know about spring break, the SEC crowd with nothing to do mid-day, and with it being a weekend all at the same time-- do over, please!
    We also were in second place in Trivia at half time, but they were asking lots of NCAA Basketball questions due to the SEC being in town, and we went down in flames during the second half of the game. We wanted to do-over the trivia game too, but there's only one per night. So I guess we will have to do that again too.
    I have to thank everyone again--I took a wheelchair as my foot is cast in such a weird position that I can't walk very far at all on crutches without being worn out-- but I got to ride in style in a wheelchair. "I get by with a little help from my friends" I'm much happier after my much needed break

Oh, and look at BooBoo's dress--St Patty's party, anyone?
    You deserved to ride in style after all of the planning, hotel finding and organizing that you did! Not to mention the absolutely fearless driving through Atlanta traffic in the rain! We're up for another get-together any time.

As far as the trivia goes, we should have a do over and add a sports fan to "Team 3B's & a Ho".... I'm sure we could take everyone down!

Boo-Boo's dress is adorable!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Yes, we need someone strong on sports for the "Ho" team.

Love Boo-Boo's dress.

I'm still thining about that omelet we had yesterday too. ONe of the best I"ve ever had. Good call on the restaurant.

MRD

At Christmas, I gave hubby tickets to see Garrison Keillor of A Praire Home Companion on NPR, fame.

It was hilarious. 2 full hours. His humor is so subtle sometimes and he's such a clever wordsmith. It was a great show. However was surprised it was sold out, as I didn't think that there were that many NPR listeners in this city or that many left leaning people as he does come right out and say he's a liberal democrat and he made a lot of political comments that were not favorable to the majority of voters in this city. I thought they were funny though.

He did give us all some sarcastic wit about our recent snowstorm (he's from Minnesota) that had everyone rolling.

We had a nice night out except for the damn traffic leaving. Took us 45 min., to get home from somewhere that is less than 10 min. away.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3386171;
    At Christmas, I gave hubby tickets to see Garrison Keillor of A Praire Home Companion on NPR, fame.

It was hilarious. 2 full hours. His humor is so subtle sometimes and he's such a clever wordsmith. It was a great show. However was surprised it was sold out, as I didn't think that there were that many NPR listeners in this city or that many left leaning people as he does come right out and say he's a liberal democrat and he made a lot of political comments that were not favorable to the majority of voters in this city. I thought they were funny though.

He did give us all some sarcastic wit about our recent snowstorm (he's from Minnesota) that had everyone rolling.

We had a nice night out except for the damn traffic leaving. Took us 45 min., to get home from somewhere that is less than 10 min. away.
    How fun!! I'm glad you had such a good time! I have always thought it would be fun to go to APHC in person and I've thought about having my parents schedule a visit around it. We live relatively close to the Twin Cities and they do a number of their shows there each year.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Does anyone know what makes a dishwasher flood the floor?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Yep - it's broken -

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3386265;
    Does anyone know what makes a dishwasher flood the floor?
    I'm not an expert, but when my old one did that, it was because the gasket was worn.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

+ Reply to Thread