+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6758Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3382731;
    . . .Why we're going to sit around sipping tea and playing canasta, like the Southern ladies we are!
    [imagine the following said in my attempt at a cross between an Aunt Pittypat and a Paula Deen voice]:

Oh, mah! Tea -- whah, doesn't thay-at have [dramatic chord] caffeine?!??
    And canasta -- didn't thay-at once involve [headsweep first to the right, then left, with dramatic chord in background] GAYM-BLIN'???!!!???!!
    Oh, dee-yah! [clutching the string of pearls around my neck] Ah must take to mah bay-ed!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Here's a random question. At our recycling center I picked up a box of individually boxed, unopened tubes of toothpaste (Colgate Total). I noticed that the box had an expiration date of 6/08. Do you think it's safe to use? What can go bad in unopened toothpaste?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3382814;
    Here's a random question. At our recycling center I picked up a box of individually boxed, unopened tubes of toothpaste (Colgate Total). I noticed that the box had an expiration date of 6/08. Do you think it's safe to use? What can go bad in unopened toothpaste?
    Massachusetts Dental Society, Does Toothpaste Retire When It Expires?

Try reading this. I think you will be ok

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3382731;

Ya'll think we're going to wreak that much havoc??? Why we're going to sit around sipping tea and playing canasta, like the Southern ladies we are!
    I sure hope the Diet Coke that I just spit all over my keyboard doesn't do any lasting damage! Here I thought I'd learned not to take a drink right before reading ANY post on Fort!

You girls have a great time. Wish I could join you.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3382817;
    Thank you for finding that! I'm good to go! One less thing to remember at the grocery store.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3382747;
    I love this. Glad to hear you got to see Zac. The past week must have seemed awfully long. How's he doing?
    He's doing great. I was just up there again tonight (yeah, I'll probably be stopping by every night ) and his grandmother (the ex) was there from Cleveland to spend the night along with her husband. They brought some video games for him and a board game call Rush Hour which we played for a couple of hours. There is an online version Rush Hour® - Traffic Jam Puzzle - Animation 1. I've played other variations of it Featured Bonus Game: Rickshaw Jam - Games for the Brain and it's quite addictive.
    He looked at all of us and said "This has turned out to be a great day." Man I love that kid, he amazes me.
    MRD, doxie and Queenie y'all behave yourself, you hear?

I'm happy to hear that Zac is doing well and that his spirits are so high. It sounds like he did have a great day with so many loving people around him. I remember the Rush Hour board game....that should keep him entertained and frustrated for a while.

Unk -- great news about the fun day with Zac!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3383034;
    . . . MRD, doxie and Queenie y'all behave yourself, you hear?
    Oh, I hope all y'all are most certainly NOT behaving yourselves!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I must be dreaming, I could swear I had left a post to UNKLESCOTT earlier. Great to read that Zac is doing better, he and your family are in my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3383172;
    I must be dreaming, I could swear I had left a post to UNKLESCOTT earlier. Great to read that Zac is doing better, he and your family are in my thoughts.
    I've done that - written a post and never hit "submit". I have chemo brain for an excuse. I'd say you're getting old, but I think we're the same age.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread