+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4477Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3382419;
    It's always been my experience that those who complained about others' kids then went on to have some of the most obnoxious kids, themselves. . .
    Not me! Never had any kids, never will!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3382417;
    No you haven't - I don't believe that for a minute.
    *winks* and does mad scientist laugh. HEH HEH HEH

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3382423;
    Kids in supermarkets are the worst. I was a cashier at a grocery store in college and you wouldn't believe some of the ear piercing screams that are the result of a 'no' to a candy bar. I am pretty sure that if I was 5 years old and my dad told me 'no' in a public place and I threw a fit like some of those kids my bum would have been red for a week!
    I had this type of dad myself. Strange as it is, when I see a child "acting out" in public now I smile.
    Children being children is a great sight to see. I would rather be standing in a line with a screaming child in front of me than in line with some 10 year old girl acting like she's Hannah Montana.

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;3382524;
    I had this type of dad myself. Strange as it is, when I see a child "acting out" in public now I smile.
    Children being children is a great sight to see. I would rather be standing in a line with a screaming child in front of me than in line with some 10 year old girl acting like she's Hannah Montana.
    I completely agree with you. If I had a daughter (or a son) there would be some heavy boundaries set on the TV and cell phone/texting. I can hardly believe my eyes when I see how some young kids are dressing and acting! A woman I work with just got her 11 year old daughter and 13 year old son cell phones and they ran up a $400.00 bill texting and downloading music. She blew it off like it was nothing!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

She does them no favors. This is about HER, not THEM.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 03-13-2009 at 10:30 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I went to the hospital to see Zac tonight for the first time in a week. A friend of mine went with me and we went to the activity room with Zac and about 5 other leukemia patient kids and their families to play some bingo. The volunteers were great, they had a prize cart full of toys for the kids. The rules were if an adult won, the kid got the prize. They made it a point to let all the kids win. A couple of the kids that one more than once gave their pick to the kids that didn't.
    Another rule was when anyone that worked in the hospital came in the room we had to clap for them so every time one of the nurses came in it was a round of applause. The kids were getting in to it and we had so much fun.
    My friend's 18 year old daughter came with her which I thought was cool. I used to babysit Megan when she was about 4 years old. Because of her and her older brother is where I took the Unklescott screen name. So it was good to see the boy again and he even had made me a card. Every Wednesday is arts and crafts day, he has posters and drawings all over his room, all of the windows painted, etc. I can't say enough about how great the staff there treats these kids.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 03-13-2009 at 10:39 PM. Reason: i kant spel

MRD

Unk, that's great. Sounds like you all had a fun time.

I can't take screaming children. I didn't put up with it with my own child and i can't take it from others. My butt got removed and spanked when I acted up in public, so I learned not to act up. I taught my daughter that. But I also know that when a kid is tired and has had enough, it's enough, time to go home because no amount of spanking or talking is going to help that situtation. I think parents need to stay home more. I was just in the grocery store (10 pm) and there was a mom in there with a kid around 2 in the cart. When my kid was 2, she was in bed WAY before 10. I realize that sometimes it can't be helped, but I knew that when my child had gotten tired and had enough, my fun was over too, time to go home. Now that she's been able to stay on her own for a few years, my social life has changed, but when she was small, I had to make sacrifices for her and I was glad to do it. It's only for a short time, so to me it's better to parent responsibly and have them turn out to be halfway decent adults.

Well all, I am off to Hot'Lanta tomorrow to meet up with 2 hot, wild and crazy chicks. You all know them better as Queenb and Doxie. Might want to watch the news, no telling what we're liable to get up too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Well have as much fun as you can mrd!! Doxie and Queenb are awesome as are you!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3382573;
    Well have as much fun as you can mrd!! Doxie and Queenb are awesome as are you!!
    I'm just worried that both will be bad influences on me and lead me astray in the BIG city.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Girlfriend you know you will be the one leading!! Love ya!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread