+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7144Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3381857;
    When we were little and our parents took us to restaurants, my dad played "squiggle" with us. I'm pretty sure he made it up - on a paper place mat or napkin, one person draws a squiggle and the next person has to turn it into a drawing of something recognizable (person, butterfly, boat, etc.). Then that person makes a squiggle for the first person to do. It was endlessly entertaining, quiet, and I still play it with my Little Sister.
    What a great idea. I have to remember that when my granddaughters get older. Lexie likes to draw now, but since she's only 2 everything is pretty much squiggles already.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

I often remember a meal that we had at Morrison's Cafeteria in a mall in Alabama years ago. Three or four young mothers came in with one or two kids each and those kids absolutely wrecked the joint while their mothers had the best time visiting and laughing, and totally ignoring the chaos. The waitresses, and most of the customers, were fit to be tied but not one of the mothers seemed to be aware of any of it. The kids got a rip roarin game of tag going and unfortunately my chair was on their route. Each of them had to grab hold of it in order to cut the corner as short as possible in their quest to be first to reach whatever base they had chosen. I got jerked sideways so many times I got dizzy. I sometimes wonder how I would handle it now that I've gotten old and (more) cantankerous.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3381896;
    I think little kids should be kept away from golf courses in general, what with all of the loose balls that can be thrown and golf carts that can be hi-jacked and putters that can be used as swords...
    My sister and I used to waitress at a Country Club in high school. My parents got us a little white VW bug to drive to work. We just left the keys in the ash tray. One night after work it was gone! We were about to call the police when we saw the ornery busboys cracking up. They had "hidden" it in plain sight - in the middle of all the golf carts which were about the same size and color.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3381937;
    I often remember a meal that we had at Morrison's Cafeteria in a mall in Alabama years ago. Three or four young mothers came in with one or two kids each and those kids absolutely wrecked the joint while their mothers had the best time visiting and laughing, and totally ignoring the chaos. The waitresses, and most of the customers, were fit to be tied but not one of the mothers seemed to be aware of any of it. The kids got a rip roarin game of tag going and unfortunately my chair was on their route. Each of them had to grab hold of it in order to cut the corner as short as possible in their quest to be first to reach whatever base they had chosen. I got jerked sideways so many times I got dizzy. I sometimes wonder how I would handle it now that I've gotten old and (more) cantankerous.
    The older and more cantankerous part of me might have stuck my leg out from under the table and tripped a little brat or two!

When my sibs and I were younger, it had to be a very important occasion for us to go to a nice restaurant for dinner. And we had to be on our best behaviour. They'd have it no other way. Nowadays, going out to eat is much more common and, unfortunately, kids don't know how to behave and parents are not teaching their children basic manners, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3382073;
    The older and more cantankerous part of me might have stuck my leg out from under the table and tripped a little brat or two!
    I have to admit that was my first thought, too. Or "accidentally" scoot your chair back to go to the ladies' room just as a kid came full tilt at you. Or talk with your hands and accidentally poink them in the eye. One of our teachers was passing out papers and accidentally gave a kid a paper cut on the eye. It really was an accident. One of our staff bathrooms opens out into a high traffic area and I've smashed a student unintentionally before. It can happen.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3382073;
    SHHHH! I have.....

No you haven't - I don't believe that for a minute.
    Count your blessings!

It's always been my experience that those who complained about others' kids then went on to have some of the most obnoxious kids, themselves. Must be Karma. Just sad that they then insist on subjecting them to the rest of us. A couple of months ago there was a young kid at the library who was throwing a tantrum. The Librarians appeared to be swamped at the front desk, though I could see that they were cringing. The mother, it seems, was standing right outside the front door yelling at the top of her lungs on her bluetooth. Even with the library door closed, you could hear her. I have a feeling the kid throws a lot of tantrums. Maybe someday his mom will respond to them......if she ever puts down her cell phone.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I'll step out in front of an out of control, running around kid in a store or restaurant and just--stop, no problem. I've had a couple bounce off me and end up sitting in the floor too. Sorry, Mommy, is this yours?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Kids in supermarkets are the worst. I was a cashier at a grocery store in college and you wouldn't believe some of the ear piercing screams that are the result of a 'no' to a candy bar. I am pretty sure that if I was 5 years old and my dad told me 'no' in a public place and I threw a fit like some of those kids my bum would have been red for a week!

+ Reply to Thread