+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6947Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3381266;
    I guess the one thing that I b*tch about more than any other is the inconsiderate use of cell phones. Some people have just gone nuts using those things. We just got back from lunch and there was a table of several men across the aisle from us. They were joking and laughing and got a bit loud. It was okay though because we were hearing enough of their conversation to be entertained by it ourselves. Then one of them got a call and came and stood right beside OUR table to talk, since his group was too loud for him to hear. I turned and glared over my shoulder at him till he moved on.

I can not believe your experience. It seems that the tricycle rider would have been a great liability there. She could have caused any number of accidents that could have ended in lawsuits. I'm surprised that the manager didn't intervene. I always took drawing and coloring supplies for my kids. Guess I lacked imagination, huh?
    Oh, I forgot there were a few times that that damn Barbie with the crew cut and too big camo's went along.

We also took crayons and coloring books and I had a few of those small windup toys that could "walk", but really didn't make noise. THose everyone at the table played with including the waitresses sometimes.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

We used to LOVE going to Cracker Barrel where they had that triangle-and-golf-tees game, the name of which escapes me (25 holes, 24 tees, can you leave only one)

MRD

The name is: "That damn golf tee game that I can never win"

My grandparents ran a golf course before they retired and they had those little triangle tee games all over in the club house. If I remember correctly they even sold them in a little 'gifts' section. My brother and I would always get into trouble because we would play with them and leave the little tees on the floor and they would get mixed up with the ones the golfers would use out on the course. They were annoyingly entertaining!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Whereas, you and your brother were just annoying?? Just kidding, Cali! You left yourself wide open for that one! , Newbie!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3381653;
    The name is: "That damn golf tee game that I can never win"

You and me both.

My kids loved that game so much so that we ended up buying one on our way out of the store.

I don't think I have ever seen a tricycle in a restaurant before (unless it was from the early 1900s up on a wall in Cracker Barrel! )

I might have even been tempted to take that saber away from that kid and if he or his parents had a fit, I would just say that I didn't feel like getting stabbed or jabbed when having my meal.

I meet up with one of my girlfriends quite often at a diner to catch up on our lives, etc. When we both meet, the cells go on the table but, in all the years we've done this, never have either of us gotten a call. And it would have to be some kind of call from the kids, the school, etc., not a social call for us.

My kids, though, are another story. This generation has a totally different relationship with their cells than our generation. My kids don't have landline phones, their cells are their only phones. But I know that they have never taken a call while we have been out to eat. I can still give them that look that means "Oh, no you don't!"

MRD

I was ticked that my husband took a call while we were out for our anniversary last week, but as it's usually our daughter, I didn't mind too much, but it was home depot calling so say they had overcharged us and had a check for him. We got the restaurant bill and it was the SAME as what home depot charged us. SO, I'm not complaining too much. But it was a short and sweet call, not a conversation.,

About 2 weeks ago, I walked out of a restaurant on a friend who was on her cell phone. She got up to go the bathroom (we were finished eating, had paid the check, but we stayed to walk her to her car) and didn't come back, didn't come back, then comes strolling back on her cell. STops and stands there and talks and then goes strolling back up the hall towards the restrooms talking away. We got up and left without saying goodbye., We were not happy anyway and that was the final straw. She never said a word about it later, but I also have limited my contact with her too.

I'm still about the tricycle.

I have been known to say stuff to parents and I have been known to request a table change in restaurants away from unruly children.

When we were little and our parents took us to restaurants, my dad played "squiggle" with us. I'm pretty sure he made it up - on a paper place mat or napkin, one person draws a squiggle and the next person has to turn it into a drawing of something recognizable (person, butterfly, boat, etc.). Then that person makes a squiggle for the first person to do. It was endlessly entertaining, quiet, and I still play it with my Little Sister.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3381666;
    Whereas, you and your brother were just annoying?? Just kidding, Cali! You left yourself wide open for that one! , Newbie!
    LoL... I did, I did *bows dramatically*. I think little kids should be kept away from golf courses in general, what with all of the loose balls that can be thrown and golf carts that can be hi-jacked and putters that can be used as swords...

Thanks for the welcome! I'm loving this site so far!

+ Reply to Thread