+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5836Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

If I'd been there, I might have taken a "souvenir"!

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;3380892;
    . . . But they had brought a tricycle (a toy in the same class as a light saber) which she used to ride around the restaurant, nearly tripping the staff. Plus she had some other toys as well, that were scattered around the restaurant . . .
    A parent with a kid needing that much "entertainment" has no business bringing that kid into a normal restaurant. Either train the kid to behave properly in such an environment, or stick with Chuck E. Cheese.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Trust me, The Rat doesn't want to break his neck on that stupid tricycle and the toys either. I can't imagine management letting them bring a tricycle into the restaurant.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

...But they had brought a tricycle (a toy in the same class as a light saber) which she used to ride around the restaurant, nearly tripping the staff.
    Now I think I may have heard it all. And to think I thought the light saber was ridiculous. Seriously, what parents get ready to leave for a restaurant and think "Oh wait, we forgot the tricycle!!" That strikes me as completely crazy...

Regarding cell phones, we were jsut talking about that at work yesterday, our consensus was that it is rude. It is one thing if you're expecting a certain call, and have warned ahead (for example "my grandmother is in surgery and my mum will call when she's out of it") but then you only take that call, ignoring all else.

Last year I was at restaurant in the Alps. It was a typical restaurant, neither fancy or McDonald's, just an everyday restaurant. There was another party, a couple and one of their moms and a 2/3-year old. The adults were totally engaged in their discussion and had brought some toys to entertain the child, so that they could leave her with that. I think it's a good idea to bring something to occupy a child, if it's something that they do sitting down. But they had brought a tricycle (a toy in the same class as a light saber) which she used to ride around the restaurant, nearly tripping the staff. Plus she had some other toys as well, that were scattered around the restaurant, having a major search when it was time to leave.
    I guess the one thing that I b*tch about more than any other is the inconsiderate use of cell phones. Some people have just gone nuts using those things. We just got back from lunch and there was a table of several men across the aisle from us. They were joking and laughing and got a bit loud. It was okay though because we were hearing enough of their conversation to be entertained by it ourselves. Then one of them got a call and came and stood right beside OUR table to talk, since his group was too loud for him to hear. I turned and glared over my shoulder at him till he moved on.

I can not believe your experience. It seems that the tricycle rider would have been a great liability there. She could have caused any number of accidents that could have ended in lawsuits. I'm surprised that the manager didn't intervene. I always took drawing and coloring supplies for my kids. Guess I lacked imagination, huh?

Oh, I forgot there were a few times that that damn Barbie with the crew cut and too big camo's went along.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3381266;
    I guess the one thing that I b*tch about more than any other is the inconsiderate use of cell phones. Some people have just gone nuts using those things. We just got back from lunch and there was a table of several men across the aisle from us. They were joking and laughing and got a bit loud. It was okay though because we were hearing enough of their conversation to be entertained by it ourselves. Then one of them got a call and came and stood right beside OUR table to talk, since his group was too loud for him to hear. I turned and glared over my shoulder at him till he moved on.
    The only restaurant I frequent (and even that isn't as frequent as it used to be, given the economy) is a local neighborhood bistro. There are two dining rooms and the bar (with dinner seating) in between. Sometimes, the dining room in the rear is closed (if there isn't enough traffic). In any case, everyone, and I do mean everyone that is a customer there either excuses themselves and goes into the back, or goes outside (regardless of the weather). I'm shocked that people everywhere don't do this.

As for the toy thing, it's another one of those 'somebody should slap these parents' moment, for me.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3380480;
    That is the correct spelling, and I thank you. I am getting tired of seeing fazed and phased used interchangeably and erroneously.
    Strangeness. I don't think i've ever thought to use 'Phase" to mean daunted. Then again, i love words and prefer to know what they mean and how to use them.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I can guarantee you that no family would ever bring a tricycle in my restaurant. :nono I've been known to tell a family they have to get their children under control.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3381352;
    I can guarantee you that no family would ever bring a tricycle in my restaurant. :nono I've been known to tell a family they have to get their children under control.
    And, we now add reason six trillion and ten to the already six trillion one ninety nine reasons why we love you, Unk!
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3379728;
    I just came to carp. I took a "friend" out to dinner for her birthday last night. She has done a lot of favors for me and doesn't have many friends, so I try to repay her kindnesses. She took 3 phone calls while we were eating. Non-essential, and talked for an extended time while I ate in silence. Am I too "Miss Manners" or is that as rude as it felt like to me? Then the waitress put two tables together right outside our booth in an otherwise empty restaurant and seated a party with a young boy who had a light saber! This was an upscale restaurant - not McDonalds! I glared at them and said something to my friend loud enough for them to hear and they made him put it away, but 10 min. later it was out again. At one point he got out of his seat and stood outside our booth staring at us. Not a peep from the parents. *sigh*
    Very rude of the friend and of the waitress for seating them near you and of the parents.

If I'm not important enough to be talked to in person while a friend talks on the phone, I've been known to get up and go outside (usually to smoke) or go to the bathroom. Do that everytime she gets a call and she may get the message (not that you should go outside and smoke, but get up and leave the table)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread