+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5785Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Good deal Unk. Well, you twisted my arm. I guess I have to go shopping now!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Oi!! I guess I stopped reading too soon! Thanks Unk.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Thanks Unk!! I've been needing some new jeans and the Gap is the only store where they always fit me -- this is the perfect excuse to go buy them now rather than later!

I just came to carp. I took a "friend" out to dinner for her birthday last night. She has done a lot of favors for me and doesn't have many friends, so I try to repay her kindnesses. She took 3 phone calls while we were eating. Non-essential, and talked for an extended time while I ate in silence. Am I too "Miss Manners" or is that as rude as it felt like to me? Then the waitress put two tables together right outside our booth in an otherwise empty restaurant and seated a party with a young boy who had a light saber! This was an upscale restaurant - not McDonalds! I glared at them and said something to my friend loud enough for them to hear and they made him put it away, but 10 min. later it was out again. At one point he got out of his seat and stood outside our booth staring at us. Not a peep from the parents. *sigh*
    Count your blessings!

I agree that taking a phone call during dinner is extremely rude, but I may be in the minority. I've been working part time at a restaurant and I'm amazed at how many people spend most of their meal talking on phones. Sometimes I can't even get them to put the damn thing down long enough to order!

Kids who don't know how to behave in public because their parents have never taught them to, is one of my major pet peeves. I have been known to speak up and say something to the parents when it's gotten too bad. What's really bad is when you are seated in a booth and some kid is standing up in the booth behind you wiping food in your hair. (yep, that's happened to me!)
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I completely agree that talking on the phone during a meal is completely rude! The entire point of going out to a meal with someone is to take some time to spend with that person...maybe catch up on what has been going on, etc. If she wanted to talk so badly to the person on the phone, maybe she should schedule a dinner with them!! Sheesh, it makes me a little angry just thinking about how annoyed I would be if someone did that to me!

Regarding the light saber, that is just ridiculous. That is a toy that would have had to stay in the car when my kids were that age. The entire point of a lightsaber toy is to swing it around. Do they really want their kid swinging it around in a restaurant!? My boys weren't even allowed to play with lightsabers in the living room because I thought they would break something (or hit someone). It is annoying enough that the hostess seated this party right next to you when the restaurant was empty... Add me to the list of people for whom clueless parents are a big pet peeve!
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 03-11-2009 at 01:55 PM. Reason: add comment

Oh, he was swinging it around alright.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3379893;
    Oh, he was swinging it around alright.
    That is absurd!! I am surprised the restaurant staff didn't say something!

Unfortunately, in today's world, a majority of people see nothing wrong with talking on the phone while in other's company, at the market, at the gym, etc. It's rude, pure and simple.
    As far as "the little darling" at the restaurant, I find that the same people who will talk endlessly on the phone while in the company of others, also have no problem with "said darlings" misbehaving in public.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3378970;
    This Thursday through Sunday, March 12 through March 15, Gap Inc stores (Gap, Old Navy & Banana Republic) are giving out 30% discount coupons for your purchases which will also provide a 5% donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. During the past two of these events they donated more than $4 million dollars.
    Print your coupons here Give & Get and pass this along to all your friends.
    If you are on their regular email list, they actually give you a one time online barcode to use. I've done this program before and it's great. Currently, I'm on a spending halt and I do have an online barcode to be used. If anyone would prefer to shop online, send me a message and I'm more than happy to let someone use it. You can shop from all three stores at once and shipping is only $7. Returns can be made in the store.

+ Reply to Thread