+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I love the extra hour of light in the evening, but the next week will be tough on my students. When they get to my 7:30 class, their internal time clocks will still think it's 6:30. I'm a morning person, so going to bed early the first couple of nights is all it should take me, and I get up at 4:30!
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3374076;
    *phew* I'm glad that is finally over, it was fun and all but holy cow 8/9 yr old girls squeel and screech a lot! The kid was picked up.. there was a bit of a language barrier, the family is Chinese so it took a bit of time. The kid was picked up (a half hour late) apparently mom and dad knew everything was done at 8pm (clearly stated on the invite) but kiddo thought she could wrangle a sleepover invitation if she brought all of her stuff with her. FAT CHANCE TONIGHT, GIRLY!

As far as the stupid time change goes: Intellectually I know that we only lose 1 hour on the first day of time change but that does not keep me from feeling robbed every single day from now until November. I am a night owl, I get my best sleep in the morning, this is not a good thing. (and totally unnecessary since the invention of the light bulb!)

Daylight savings time wasn't implemented until the 1960's way after the invention of the lightbulb. It enjoyed a brief life during both world wars to save on fuel and energy.
    Personally I love it. I just hate the week it takes to adjust to the change.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It always takes me about 2 weeks to stop feeling sleepy and grumpy due to DST.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I really fail to see the point to DST now. Back when farmers needed all the daylight they could muster okay, but now the big farms have tractors with lights anyway so what's the point? Small farm owners are going to be in the fields from daylight till dark no matter what the clock says.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

exactly.
    not to mention, cows need to be milked when they're full, no matter what time it is.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Yeah, i'm not seeing the point as well. Once May/June heat hits, lots of energy is going to be consumed anyway.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD

The original point when it was first implemented was that it would save energy in the evenings when energy consumption is at the highest. It was never intended for farmers who routinely work with the sun, no matter what the time is.
    However, the original intended use was before the nationwide advent of air conditioning, so the energy savings no longer apply.

It does reduce the number of traffic accidents during rush hour because it is light out and cars are not relying on their headlights.

I for one like having extended daylight in the evenings, I just don't like the adjustment it takes.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

not being a morning person as it is, it takes me a couple of weeks to adjust.

Takes me awhile to adjust to DST.

So last night I had the frat boys and their mums on their annual pub crawl. Gawd. Never again. I am sick of them..first we had horrid torrential rains during most of the evening, I was in a strange bus, and just about everyone was acting entitled. I'm sorry it is raining but I can't get closer to the door so you don't get wet. The final straw was at the end. I heard a mom tell another mother that I was not doing my job properly. She had timed me and it was taking me way too long to come and pick them up. I saw red. Sure she was drunk BUT she didn't know what she was talking about and I'd been driving the best I could considering the road conditions. I hadn't stepped foot out of my drivers seat for 5 hours and when someone who doesn't know what they are talking about tries to tell me that I'm doing a crappy job I just lost it. I tried to explain to "know-it-all" Mom but she was having none of it. She was simply put a witch. I hope she complains, please let her complain. To top it off they only paid up to 1am but I was still running these creatures around until almost 2. So I'm exhausted and with DST I am not a happy person today.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

livin4, . I think you need a hug and a couple of naps.

Sorry you had such a crappy time.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread