+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6180Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

They're threatening 78 here.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3373262;
    It's going to be almost 60 here today. Hopefully some of those 12" of snow will melt. I heard a national weather guy say the mid-south was having "tornadic activity" pronounced with a short "a". Is that a word?
    Like you, I had never heard about Tornadic Activity until a year or so ago. I knew all about tornaaadoes though. Tornadic activity means( I think) that conditions are right for a tornaaado or that tornadoes are being spotted in places.

We left home in shirt sleeves Wednesday morning with about six inches of snow still on the ground. It was already about sixty degrees. Within fifty miles of home we saw snow that looked to be well over a foot deep and the piles that had been scraped to the side were about four feet deep in places. We saw entire pastures that were untouched and it was beautiful. We ran out of the snow shortly after that but then we saw some of the damage done by the ice storm that passed through Western Kentucky a few weeks ago. Trees were either split off at the top or totally uprooted and dragged off the highway. My sister's little town, Mayfield, Kentucky, looked like a war zone. We went on over to Paducah and it was worse. The park where we went when I was small was sad to see. Trees that were there back then are there no more. I was last in that park in September and it looked about how I had always remembered it. It won't look that way again in my lifetime.

Thursday afternoon we came home and could hardly believe that there was no snow left. It had been in the mid seventies for two days and the snow was a memory. Works for me.

54 and sunny here in boston and im about to go out and ride my bike and enjoy it. to me, this is perfect weather.
    ignorance is excellence

Happy Anniversary, MRD! And congratulations, AmyLee - what a cool prize!

We have been having great weather here, high 60's to mid 70's and sunny most days! Lovin' it!!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I woke up sweating today. And apparently it's 68F right now.

eta: Thank you, Margaritaville!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

OMFG so, so hilarious!! My kiddo's birthday party starts at 5pm.. It is 4:30 here right now. The first child has arrived WITH HER SLEEPING BAG AND PAJAMAS! This is not a sleepover party!! The mom practically pushed her out of the car and didn't even come in, she sped off for parts unknown. I'm dying here!! I have to wait a few minutes for the mom to get back home before I call over there. This is one for M's 'baby book'. I'm feeding the kid, painting her nails and shipping her home at 8pm come hell or high water! `
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Duxxy! That's too funny! I hope she didn't run off to a hotel somewhere with her cell phone off. You may be stuck for the night!
    Count your blessings!

If she did take off for the night, I would hand her a bill for babysitting for sure.

I cannot tell you how many times that has happened to me. The parents drop them off for a party and then you cannot get a hold of them. I just give them payback as soon as I can by leaving for a couple of days and letting my son sleep at their house!
    Yup, with donuts!!

It's 75 and breezy here, just lovely weather. The dogs are so happy! We've gone for two long walks and short ride in the car so far today.

Duxxy If the Mom doesn't show up, you should call the police on her for child abandonment. j/k of course, but that would sure teach her a lesson.

+ Reply to Thread