+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

46ºF is beyond winter here! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

At this time of year where I live, 46 degrees is light jacket or sweatshirt weather. If the sun is shining, 46 degrees is amazing! The crocus are blooming right now. There is truly hope!

We still have too much snow cover to even see any crocus, but it did get into the upper 40s here too today and might even get into the 50s over the weekend.

Of course, more winter weather is expected during the upcoming week, but at least it will be lighter out later after changing the clocks!

Mr C and I were surprised to see bees out visiting the crocus flowers a few days ago! I am loving the longer days already. The time for hibernation is over! Come on Spring!

Just got back from our annual Florida visit. was in the 40s/50s much of the week. 50s/60s at home (ohio) feels good to me.
    Its supposed to be HOT in FL but last week was an exception.

I'm ready for spring.

It's going to be almost 60 here today. Hopefully some of those 12" of snow will melt. I heard a national weather guy say the mid-south was having "tornadic activity" pronounced with a short "a". Is that a word?
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;3373252;
    Just got back from our annual Florida visit. was in the 40s/50s much of the week. 50s/60s at home (ohio) feels good to me.
    Its supposed to be HOT in FL but last week was an exception.

I'm ready for spring.
    THis time of year in Florida, it can be anything. I got married in Florida in 1989. The week before my wedding there was a party given for us and it was 28 degrees., The next week, day of the wedding, it was in the 80's.

Florida does often get cold weather, but usually it doesn't last but a few days.

It has always amazed me the people that go to Florida and think "It's supposed to be hot", that's what their board of tourism wants you to think.

I'm sorry it wasn't warm for your trip though, as I k now that has to suck.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

nah. we had a wonderful time. I went to Epcot on my birthday, on Disney (65 was much better than 85 for that).
    I even wore the birthday button all day - and loved it. it may sound lame, but I work from home, alone (well, not for long, hubby is now a 'mobile' worker and will be working from home) - and don't see that many people - it was really nice having everyone who works there (and some other strangers) wishing me a happy birthday.
    Couldn't have been better!! (unless we were actually able to eat in the World Showcase - every restaurant we tried there was booked solid (at 2:30 ).

wonderful trip, froze on the motorcycle in the evenings, but it was a great time - the weather was definitely better than I was used to in Ohio.
    I really don't expect it to be hot. We have been going down the same week for years - and I think we only got one hot, dry week. Cool was definitely better than wet.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3373262;
    It's going to be almost 60 here today. Hopefully some of those 12" of snow will melt. I heard a national weather guy say the mid-south was having "tornadic activity" pronounced with a short "a". Is that a word?
    I've never heard it pronounced any other way. Do you pronounce it with a long "a"? The Merriam-Websters has both pronunciations, I see.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I heard we're supposed to get up to 70 today-that's definitely spring to me!!

+ Reply to Thread