+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5650Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

They are very similar to mojitos which used to be my favorite drink, but now I have a new one. I posted the recipe in the food and lifestyle forum.
    These just taste like summer!!!!

So why is it that we never completely learn a lesson and keep repeating it???

I drink decaffinated coffee, tea and sodas as caffiene really affects me.

So this afternoon, I accepted a cup of regular coffee and drank it about 4:30 pm. I have been on OVER DRIVE ever since. It's now 11:30 pm and I show no signs of slowing down (I need a couple of those caipirinhas as I slept like a baby after 3 of those last night). I KNOW it does this to me. I knew I shouldnt' drink it, so why did I???
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3366713;
    Today is my 20th wedding anniversary. In some ways I can't believe it's been 20 years; gone by fast. ...we've outlasted most of our friends marriages and some of our family's....And I'm grateful to my husband for putting up with a lot of you know what and sticking around. I think we both made a good choice 20 years ago.
    BELATED CONGRATULATIONS MYROSIEDOG AND MR. ROSIEDOG!!! THAT FABULOUS!!!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I just ran out to grab some lunch to bring back to my office. I decided that going outside right now in SE Minnesota is something that could put anyone in a good mood. It is around 46 degrees and sunny - I didn't even need a jacket!! I love it when spring is in the air!!!

I also cannot believe that we will be "springing ahead" our clocks this weekend. I know they changed the timing, but wow it feels early!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Glad to hear that somebody else thinks this seems early for a time change. I felt so a-l-o-n-e!

Has anyone given up anything for Lent? I'm not particularly religious, but I do have my spiritual side. I know that I could do this at any time, but I usually pick this time of year to exercise some discipline and try to, consciously, get myself centered....just for me. I've given up vino for Lent. I've decided that I am going to do something else, but I haven't exactly decided what yet. Maybe I'll start a walking program. Anybody else doing something, or am I out here on my own?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Even though I was sent to Catholic school and some Presbyterian churches have of late adopted that practice, I have not ever given anything up for lent. In fact, I was probably one of the kids the Catholic kids hated as I would bring chocolate in my school lunches and eat meat on fridays. (we non-Catholics didn't have any prohibitions on what we could bring to eat)

But more power to you. I used to get a chuckle out of the kids that would give up green beans for lent. Oh, now THAT'S a real sacrifice.

Thank you Miss Kitty.

Margaritaville, I'm sorry, but 46 is still not spring. It's 70 here today and the snow from Sun. has finally all melted off today. But it took all week for it to go away. However, enjoy your balmy weather and jacketless excursion. It's warmer here, but overcast.

While I'm getting more and more acclimated to the colder climate here, I still wear a jacket at 46 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3372398;
    Margaritaville, I'm sorry, but 46 is still not spring. It's 70 here today and the snow from Sun. has finally all melted off today. But it took all week for it to go away. However, enjoy your balmy weather and jacketless excursion. It's warmer here, but overcast.

While I'm getting more and more acclimated to the colder climate here, I still wear a jacket at 46 degrees.
    I think you are referring to my post
    It may not be spring YET, but just the evidence that it is getting closer makes me more optimistic. Everyone says that historically March is the snowiest month in MN, so I know we aren't out of the woods yet!!

It is all a matter of perspective. I moved here from Alaska, so having a "real" spring at all is a bonus in my opinion - in AK we just had "break up".

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I gave up chocolate candy for Lent. I also started exercising at Curves, but that's for life, not Lent. I don't know exactly why I do it every year, but I do. A few years back (in 1985 when I got divorced) I gave up sex.

The sun was sure shining today, intermixed w/gentle showers. What a glorious spring day! I'm waiting for the snow to come back a couple of times before I will believe it's truly spring.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3372474;
    I think you are referring to my post
    It may not be spring YET, but just the evidence that it is getting closer makes me more optimistic. Everyone says that historically March is the snowiest month in MN, so I know we aren't out of the woods yet!!

It is all a matter of perspective. I moved here from Alaska, so having a "real" spring at all is a bonus in my opinion - in AK we just had "break up".
    I'm sorry Closet, I did get confused, you and Margaritaville used to have similar avatars. I've been involved in a lot of very heavy writing and research this afternoon and wasn't paying attention.

Yep, it's perspective all right. I moved from Florida where anything under 70 requires a jacket and hat.
    First winter I lived here, I had a friend new here from Kitchener (is that how you spell it?-well from Canada, I'm brain dead right now) and we would meet for lunch and she'd be in shirtsleeves, capris and sandals and I'd have on a sweater, jacket, and boots and the temps were probably mid40-'s to 50's.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3372398;
    Margaritaville, I'm sorry, but 46 is still not spring.
    *glares at myrosiedog* 46 IS TOO SPRING! *stamps foot*

MRD

Not here, that's winter.

+ Reply to Thread