+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7193Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3368442;
    Shay: I believe I would politely ask this person where she got her hair done. Then make a mental note NOT to go there!

I happen to know that she did this herself. I saw her yesterday, but it was way too busy for us to intersect, thank goodness, so that bought me some time. Today may have to be the day.

Maybe I'll lead off with, "Something is different with you."
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3365164;

Unless Atlanta has changed a lot since the last time I was there, the two cities aren't so much the same. After my experience in Atlanta when I was 10, sorry, no offense intended, I have no desire to return!
    No, no--I don't live in Atlanta, but 50 miles away. I intended for my rock to hit both cities, as I don't care so much for either. However, Atlanta has changed a ton since we were little kids; it is nothing like what it was 30 or even 20 years ago (sorry if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you are about my age)

Shay, I don't think I'd ask IF she had something done--I agree with whoever said I'd ask something like 'where', then when she says "did it myself", you can just say you would have never thunk it, and kind of let it go. If she pushes ahead with 'how do you like it' just say "it makes you look totally different, but I think I can get used to it" or something--only a real idiot would push you to say whether it actually looks 'good' at that point.
    Last edited by queenb; 03-05-2009 at 02:11 PM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3368428;
    Tee hee. I'm giddy with glee right now. I'm watching the news and after months and months of finger-nail biting tension, it seems that the Ontario Municipal Board has sided with the City of Toronto and turned down Walmart's application to build a big box centre in my neighbourhood. I am so proud of all the local people who worked their butts off to keep our neighbourhood standards intact. Good work, residents of Leslieville.

Good for your city! Our city lost after battling Wamart in court for 2 years. We kept telling them "no" and they kept hiring lawyers..
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Congrats mrd on your 20 yrs!!

Congrats Amy Lee on your prize win!!

Congrats Rattus for no Walmart coming to your neighborhood!!

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3369998;
    Good for your city! Our city lost after battling Wamart in court for 2 years. We kept telling them "no" and they kept hiring lawyers..
    Well, they have fifteen days to appeal so the game ain't over yet.

Our aging neighbourhood has made huge strides in improvement over the past ten or twenty years and the main street is becoming a destination area with galleries, restaurants and boutiques. Everyone who has gone out of their way to make this a place to be was extremely angry about the idea of some giant corporate upstart coming in and essentially crushing nearly all existing business into dust. Hopefully this effort on behalf of the angry people of Leslieville will inspire other neighbourhoods around the globe to rise up and say "hell no, we won't go...shopping at your sweatshop product distribution centre".

Sorry for the rant - I don't care for Walmart.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Rattus- Sounds like our downtown area. We fought the big shopping mall propoents for years and ended up with a revitalized cute downtown. Walmart got their way early on (1985?) and built in the southern part of our town. Thats where all the big box stores ended up going. Then they set their sights on the up and coming northwest part of town. They finally won and are building a second Walmart complete with all the acres of other big box. Right by our new high school. OMG the traffic/pollution/noise. It's going to be a nightmare.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

MRD

Thanks everyone. We had a very nice dinner last night and I discovered a new drink: a Caipirinha, which is a Brazilian drink with rum, lime and sugar. It tastes just like a limeade and goes down so very much like a limeade, but watch out, I had one, then 2 and was fine. Ordered a third and when it was set down on the table, the other 2 came up and slapped me in the head, real sudden like.
    But I did have the bartender show me how to make them. YOu use a whole lime cup up, "muddle" it with sugar (which means you mash it), then add rum and ice and shake like crazy. You can add some water, but this guy didn't, he said the ice makes the water. I can't wait to make them and he also told me they were very good with tequila too.

So, back to dinner. It was very nice, we had a very nice time and now we're working on the next 20 years.
    Funny thing happened though. Hubby got a phone call during dinner and it was Home Depot calling to say they had over charged him and had a refund check for him for $88. The bill for dinner came and guess how much it was??? Go ahead, guess!!!!! Bet you can't.

Amy Lee, that's fantastic! So just the player or any disc's to go with it?

Rattus, that's great news, but a word of warning. That happened in our neighborhood right after we moved to SC in 2006. It was voted down, were told that apartments would go on the land instead. They started breaking ground and Walmart opened for business this past Oct. I hope you are able to keep them out, but they are the only retailer making money now, so they have it to spend on lawyers.
    Last edited by MRD; 03-05-2009 at 10:37 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3366713;
    Today is my 20th wedding anniversary
    Sorry I missed this MRD. Happy belated anniversary.

Just the player and it's strangely long remote. But, i'm grateful nonetheless.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Congrats on your prize, Amy Lee!

Caipirinhas sound delicious, like mojitos with lime instead of mint.

+ Reply to Thread