+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Congratulations on 20 years together!!! Wishing you and Mr. MRD at least 20 more years of wedded bliss.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Wow, MRD, have a wonderful night of celebration! Wear your new outfit anyway-let your hubby keep you warm!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Many congratulations, mrd. As they say, "It ain't easy." I always admire people who can do it.

Here's a question for the general population; I've got a little dilemma. What do you say to someone who has done something to their hair, and it looks like *#@*? It's one of the women at the small community center at which I tutor, and it's awkward to have nothing to say about an OBVIOUS change. I've always hated to hear people, usually females, say, "WHAT'D YOU DO TO YOUR HAIR?" in that negative, snotty tone that they can use; I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about. When I first saw her yesterday, me first thought was (and I kid you not), "WTF???" Luckily, I was approaching her from the side, so she didn't catch my look.

Help Me!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I usually just say something like, "I see you got your hair done" Or "trying a new hair style/color?". Then you can sort of go by the answer you get. I try to never do the "Oh my God! What happened to your head??" sort of comment some people are famous for. Everyone has feelings after all, and maybe she's not happy with it herself, but stuck with it for awhile. Or maybe she loves it, which when it comes right down to it, is really all that matters. I think little white lies are perfectly fine when they are done to spare someone's feelings.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3367996;
    I usually just say something like, "I see you got your hair done" Or "trying a new hair style/color?". Then you can sort of go by the answer you get. I try to never do the "Oh my God! What happened to your head??" sort of comment some people are famous for. Everyone has feelings after all, and maybe she's not happy with it herself, but stuck with it for awhile. Or maybe she loves it, which when it comes right down to it, is really all that matters. I think little white lies are perfectly fine when they are done to spare someone's feelings.
    That is what I would suggest.

Tee hee. I'm giddy with glee right now. I'm watching the news and after months and months of finger-nail biting tension, it seems that the Ontario Municipal Board has sided with the City of Toronto and turned down Walmart's application to build a big box centre in my neighbourhood. I am so proud of all the local people who worked their butts off to keep our neighbourhood standards intact. Good work, residents of Leslieville.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3366967;
    We were talking this morning about we never thought we'd be out of Florida when we got married and we envisioned a house full of children and only had one, but that everything had happened for a good reason and we were happy with how it all turned out.
    I bet you never envisioned Waldo either! Happy Anniversary to you both.

Shay: I believe I would politely ask this person where she got her hair done. Then make a mental note NOT to go there!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Happy Anniversary to mrd and mr. mrd!

Rattus, that is good news for you community.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3368428;
    Tee hee. I'm giddy with glee right now. I'm watching the news and after months and months of finger-nail biting tension, it seems that the Ontario Municipal Board has sided with the City of Toronto and turned down Walmart's application to build a big box centre in my neighbourhood. I am so proud of all the local people who worked their butts off to keep our neighbourhood standards intact. Good work, residents of Leslieville.
    That's great! Congrats to your neighbourhood/town in looking past the short term and preserving local businesses! And, ultimately, your town itself. Way to go!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Listen to this, i won a Samsung Blu-ray Disc player!!!! I predicted 21 out of 24 Oscar winners correctly.
    Aside from my cell phone, this is the biggest prize i've won.

eta: Happy Anniversary myrosiedog!!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread