+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6246Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3362653;
    you are a funny one aren't you? That would be a nice spring day here in Kansas.
    But remember, Ellen has to live in San Diego, after all.
    (Sorry, Ellen, I know you love it there. but the only reason I'd probably ever visit there again would to be to go to Pala and dig up rocks again. It's just too much like Atlanta, only way drier and with an ocean.)
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

One thing I have noticed is that no matter how bad the weather, I have never lost my phone (landline) connection (Bellsouth).
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3362778;
    But remember, Ellen has to live in San Diego, after all.
    (Sorry, Ellen, I know you love it there. but the only reason I'd probably ever visit there again would to be to go to Pala and dig up rocks again. It's just too much like Atlanta, only way drier and with an ocean.)
    To me, the more temperate weather PLUS the ocean makes all the difference! (I love the ocean and the sunsets, etc. etc. that go with it.)

Unless Atlanta has changed a lot since the last time I was there, the two cities aren't so much the same. After my experience in Atlanta when I was 10, sorry, no offense intended, I have no desire to return!

But after my first visit to San Diego when I was 14, it was my dream to move here.

Different strokes, I guess!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Today is my 20th wedding anniversary. In some ways I can't believe it's been 20 years; gone by fast. But in others, I can't remember a time we weren't together. Despite some of the bad, it's been mostly good and I hope we have at least another 20 together and more than that. We've made a good team together. And we've outlasted most of our friends marriages and some of our family's.

And I'm grateful to my husband for putting up with a lot of you know what and sticking around. I think we both made a good choice 20 years ago.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Congratulations my dear to the two of you on 20 years.

Congrats again (I caught you on facebook)

And if anyone here has facebook and wants to connect pm me.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Congrats MRD! Mine only lasted 15 years. I find I really enjoy not being married sometimes. Other times it would be nice to have someone to bounce all life's trials and tribulations off of.
    Count your blessings!

Congratulations, MRD and Mr MRD!

My family has some long-lasting marriages, too. My oldest sister has been married 40 years, five other siblings have 30+ years under their belts. Heck, even my little brother has been married 15 years.

(I only lasted 10, and I have no desire to repeat that extended pain in the ass. )
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Congrats on your 20th anniversary, MRD & Mr. MRD!

Have a happy day and a wonderful beginning of the next 20 years!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Thanks all, it's been a pretty amazing run and I can't wait to see what the next 20 will bring.

My husband's parents were married 62 years (and I can say the part of it I saw wasn't all that happy). My own parents made 40 before dad died. 2 of my siblings are going on 38 years this year. And my other sibling is on marriage 3.

While there are times I want to run away and be alone, for the most part, it's nice having him here. I wrote him a long letter telling him how I feel about everything in the last 20 years and thanked him for putting up with me.

I also gave him a couple of books on green house building that he wanted and I got a very nice gold necklace.

And now, I'm working on research papers, but tonight we're going out to dinner. (and I bought a really cute outfit to wear and it's too freaking cold to wear it now, dammit)

The funny thing is that when I met him, I didn't want to EVER get married or have kids. Funny how the right person can change that.

We were talking this morning about we never thought we'd be out of Florida when we got married and we envisioned a house full of children and only had one, but that everything had happened for a good reason and we were happy with how it all turned out.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread