+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6269Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3355041;
    MRD, you haven't lived here long enough to know that if we get much snow, it's generally in February to mid March. This time, they are saying snow will accumulate one to four inches due to sheer volume, but it won't last long at all as the ground and air temperature will be well above freezing. You won't have anything to worry about even Monday, at least I surely wouldn't think so. It shouldn't even hurt your plants, although almost every year at least part of my daffodils freeze and turn brown. You say the Bradford pears are blooming there? Spring will be here soon, snow be damned!
    The previous 2 winters it snowed in mid to late Feb. and then we had that hard freeze on April 8 a couple years ago.
    Personally, I like the snow because it doesn't stick around, but it looks pretty for a day. Now if it would just stick around until Wed., I'd be happy. I have 2 midterms on Tues. and while I think I'm ready, I sure would like a couple more days to study. Here I am almost 47 years old wishing for a snow day.

Yep the Bradford's are just budding out. I love the Bradford pear trees. There are SO many of them here, that's its just absolutely gorgeous to drive around and see these pure white trees in their full glory. Yep, spring is just around the corner and I can't wait. I have azaleas, dogwoods and some other stuff I don't know what it is yet, so I can't wait to see my new yard in full bloom. Of course, the yard needs a LOT of work, but despite that, it will be glorious I'm sure. And then the big magnolia tree should bloom right around my birthday. Spring in the South is a sight to behold.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Thought I'd tell you guys about the latest "As Seen on TV" thing that I've tried. You all know how I am. I like not having to pay shipping and handling, so when I saw the "Smooth Away" hair removal pads, I fell into my usual habit: Laid out my $9.99 plus tax, and ran home to try it. I confess that I did read up on them before I bought; the reviews were mixed. IT IS GREAT, and worth the 9.99! If you READ the instructions, and follow them to the letter, you will find the exact success that they talk about on the commercial. Properly used, it will leave your skin silky smooth (like the Ped Egg left my feet). You need to have no kind of lotion on your skin when you use it, so you wash your area right before you use it, and you can use lotion right after you use it. Now, I have to admit that I do have very fine body hair, so a person with coarse hair might have to use it a little longer than I do. And it exfoliates as it clears the hair. You skin feels really, really good afterward. With the pad, you circle several times in one direction, and then several times in the opposite direction; be careful of how much pressure you use, too. That may take a little practice, but it's easy to get the hang of it. It's called live and learn. There is no pain as the hair is removed.

I am a believer. I'm impressed!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Be careful, Prhoshay! I'm not sure it was the same, but I used a 'hair buffer' pad for a while, but it seemed to cause a skin irritation that would pop up a day or so later. It was probably me, not thew product, but I ended up with the same result no matter how lightly I buffed. I'd suggest starting with a smallarea for anyone who wants to try hair removers that work by rubbing the hair off.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've been using it for several months now, and it has done fine, with no problems; I have very sensitive skin (my dermatologist is programmed into every phone I own!). I do believe that there is a learning curve, though, to find out what is best for you.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I once tried the Sally Hansens version of those pads, it left me with a dark patch of skin.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD

While I'm with you all the way on the Ped Egg, your on your own with the hair removal pads. I have extremely sensitive skin, plus I still have nightmares about that product in the 80's that literally yanked the hair out by the roots. I have blocked the name due to trauma, but it was a wire coil thing that you used. OMG, I can feel the phantom pain now just thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3355904;
    While I'm with you all the way on the Ped Egg, your on your own with the hair removal pads. I have extremely sensitive skin, plus I still have nightmares about that product in the 80's that literally yanked the hair out by the roots. I have blocked the name due to trauma, but it was a wire coil thing that you used. OMG, I can feel the phantom pain now just thinking about it.
    Wasn't that the Epilady?
    I don't think I'd try these pads, either. My skin is the most sensitive and most difficult to heal.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3355914;
    Wasn't that the Epilady?
    Yes (runs screaming from the room at the traumatic memory of that horrible torture device. Forget waterboarding, that damn Epilady will make you tell it ALL!!!)

omg. epilady is the most painful thing i have ever done to myself. it was about 1.5 seconds of pure hell!

whenever an epilady is fired up i think this probably happens:

on a lighter note: has anyone ever tried strap perfect?
    ignorance is excellence

I ordered a tv stand from overstock.com, which arrived this week. I set it up today, and can we say three hours of aggravation? I confess to not having an electric screwdriver thingy, which would have lessened the agony considerably, but I tell you, there were screws that they told me to put into holes that wouldn't connect pieces 3 and 7 no matter how hard I turned, because they were too short. And those cam nuts or whatever they're called? Kept falling out on me. I'm still not sure the whole thing is secure, but I've saved the task of moving my dvds, tv, dvr, etc for tomorrow, so I suppose I'll find out then.

Also annoying? The pieces were individually numbered-- if you take them off, it leaves a sticky residue. Why can't they use the adhesive they use on post it notes!

Whew, ok, done with my rant.

+ Reply to Thread