+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5838Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I do NOT want to know why there is a bag of assorted Ladies undies from a POLICE auction....

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Gut, was it a string w/a coin on the end? (From the old midwives?)

MRD

You guys are cracking me up. I can't wait for Doxie to come in here and tell you about he unclaimed baggage place that sells USED underwear. She just told me about it over the weekend and I thought I would die laughing.

But the police auction is too much. Thanks for the laugh Dux. And Gut, I've seen those too and thought, man, I paid like $12 back in 1990 when $12 could still buy you a really nice meal and a beer to go with it! And you had to wait like 10 or 15 min. for the result too. Now it's a buck and a minute to find out if their is a bun in the oven.

Well what would be really funny is if the Police were selling a lot of $1 pregnancy kits.

Well let me tell you all about my "hot" furniture. We bought new furniture from a used furniture store back around Thanksgiving. "Supposedly" the furniture was not really "used" it has been in model homes and could no longer be sold as new but also hadn't really been used. And you can tell our set isn't used. It's in great shape. And we got SUCH a deal. Well here's why. It was in the paper last week that they indicted and arrested the owner of the furniture store and the manager of Hobby Lobby as the store was a front to defraud Hobby Lobby and they were selling stolen furnture. OMG. And there were some things I wanted to go back and get when I had extra money. Damn. Shoulda bought it then.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3342824;
    Gut, was it a string w/a coin on the end? (From the old midwives?)

I remember my grandfather telling my about being able to buy a bucket of beer and a hot meal for .05 cents. It still seems unrealistic even today.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3342535;

Ladies Bag & Lot of Assorted Underwear- Police Auctions

oh! and! the seller's rating is 99.6... seriously, who gives the cops less than 100%?
    Apparently the person who bought a box of 463 cinnamon-scented candles that weren't cinnamon-scented at all. I'd be miffed too.
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3343020;
    Well what would be really funny is if the Police were selling a lot of $1 pregnancy kits.

nope no pregnanacy kits ... but they did have a CASE of sanitary napkins.... how did that end up in the lost and found??
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

As far as the police auctions go, aren't these stolen properties that no one is claiming? Where else would you be able to sell underwear? You can't take it back to a store if one doesn't fit. And if I'm shoplifting, I'm going to want a new purse, and then underwear to stuff in it and hopefully get out of the store intact. Can you imagine the gal who tried to steal it in the first place? Wasn't it 3 pr of lg and 1 small? Was she going to go on a diet and hopefully lose enough weight to be able to wear the small one? I'm just supposing, but we could write a book about it!

No Famita, it was 3 medium and 1 small, for your reason, and 1 XL for her husband... Anyone else care for a turn?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3343020;
    You guys are cracking me up. I can't wait for Doxie to come in here and tell you about he unclaimed baggage place that sells USED underwear. She just told me about it over the weekend and I thought I would die laughing.
    The Unclaimed Baggage "Outlet" is in Scottsboro, AL. They buy all unclaimed luggage from the airlines and sell ALL of the contents.... Apparently, if you are willing to hunt through piles of stuff, you can get some pretty good deals there. The thought of where some of that stuff has been (or who it has been on) is enough to keep me from going there though!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

OK, so who's up for a FORTCON in Scottsboro, AL???
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread