+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5904Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I love danglies w/french hooks. That way I know my lobe isn't going to rip, that the earring will just come out! This past Christmas season I enjoyed wearing Christmas trees and golden bells. Everytime my head shook, I rang.

MRD

most of the people I know that got ripped earlobes was because the dangle got caught on something, like a hairbrush and ripped. It's not the weight, so much as the ability to snag,
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

the people I know that have had an earring hole rip were usually children and it was usually during an altercation invoving siblings
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

MRD

Funny you say that, if I had a nickel for all the people that have shown me scars or told me stories about stitches, concussions, broken bones and other assorted accidents attributed to sibling fights, I'd be rich. Makes me glad I had an only child and that my siblings were so much older than I was that I grew up as an only child in the house. I had enough accidents without my siblings contributing to injuries.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

First got my ears pierced when I was 13. Many years later, I got a 2nd piercing to wear another pair. I also have had to re pierce my own ears - they closed up when I had not worn earrings for a while. I also had 1 ear ripped and had to have the surgeon close it. It's actually very easy to rip the ear hole. It's not just heavy earrings, rough housing or fighting that can make it rip, but it can all contribute to the problem.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I have two blue freckles - one over my right eye and one under it near the nose where my brother tried to stab me with a pen when we were little. The only one who has pulled earrings out of my ear was a cat who used to do that to wake me up. Luckily they were little rings that pulled out without ripping.
    Count your blessings!

I'm just glad I stuck to my decision to remain childfree!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Those babies would have a playpen in the Trader Joe's! But, they'd be well-fed!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

So most of you know I'm an eBay nut. So I was on eBay today and it's the first time that I have ever come across the Ontario Police Auctions. I'm not sure where the stuff comes from but the police station is auctioning it all off, I'm guessing lost and found. Well...the listing that sent me 'running' back here was Ladies Bag & Lot of Assorted Underwear- Police Auctions before I checked out the ad (come on, you know you would too) I was laughing my butt off. Who is gonna buy undies from the police?? I did check out the ad and everything is brand new with tags attached but holy cow, that struck me funny... and odd.

Ladies Bag & Lot of Assorted Underwear- Police Auctions

oh! and! the seller's rating is 99.6... seriously, who gives the cops less than 100%?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I was at the dollar store the other day and in the checkout line they had $1 pregnancy tests! Not sure that's something I'd want to skimp on.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread